Aero Precision - Premier C130 Aftermarket Support

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Robert Podboy

Somebody's got’ta do it

11 posts in this topic

This may have been posted before, but I didn’t see it on the reference C-130 videos

C-130 MILITARY AIRLIFT COMMAND VIETNAM WAR       AIRFORCE NOW 75754

The middle guy at the 3:19 mark was my Co-Pilot... Alabama boy. Me and the Engineer had put away the weapons box and headed to get some "Combat Essential" Beer...We were in the 345th at CCK..

1 person likes this

This is part of the Air Force film shot at CCK named "The way we were" narrated by John Wayne. I knew many of the air crew members and I was actually shown getting off a crew bus on the original film. My then wife and I lived downtown Tiachung and they showed us getting off a crew bus at our apartment, that never really happened, I always had to catch a taxi to go to CCK for flights.

1 person likes this

I like your avatar nice patch....Oh for the days back in the 345th and 2 APS......I hope you learned a lesson not to follow me and Ronnie into the woods. You might end up on train tracks and walk to Cabot..

img064.jpg

1 person likes this

That Pic is on the roof of the Merlin Hotel....

1 person likes this

Nice pic Billy...you dress like that at FedX ?  Congrats on keeping a job at the same company for so long. Ha Ha:D Bill

That ain't me. Was my room mate but I did have a shirt like that. It shrunk two sizes since those days in Saigon but I still have it.  Feather knows him. Room mate at CCK and back at LRAFB...I had hair for a while early on at FedEx but figured out that I could trim up and clean up and actually have a career. I went into Management and set up the first Ramp at MSY in 1980. We up graded from a Falcon Jet and DC3 to a B-727. Several of our C-130 Pilots at LRAFB went to work for FedEx and I was able to work with them on the FedEx Ramps. I was a lucky one to take my USAF skills to my life on the other side. Later moved to Savannah and opened the FedEx ramp there. The smell of JP4 still gives me a buzz in a funny kind of way. I am thankful every day of the experience and skills I learned in the USAF and would not trade it for anything. This is me at blown up terminal in Phnom Penn. We were the first US aircraft to land there after the assault on the city. It became a regular stop for our crews hauling Cambodians to get trained at Nha Trang.     

img013.jpg

Nice photos Billy! Believe me I learned my lesson about following railroad tracks! So many memories about the roof at the Merlin and times downtown Saigon. Times were sure different than now. Glad you and most of my friends survived. By the way, I still have some "love beads" like those but haven't worn them for a long time.

Who could forget the CBC Band in Saigon. They got out and are still playing around shout Texas area.

img068.jpg

1 person likes this

That picture is not blurry. That is exactly what I was seeing when I took the picture.

2 people like this