Engine oil suddenly loss during flight defect could repeat on ground operation
Hye there, we are in progress to settle down on the defect "No 4 eng RPM overspeed 105%-106% and maintain in normal and mech gov"
- During EGR found No.4 TORQUE, TIT and FUEL FLOW, LOW at crossover with RPM overshoot to 104%.
INDICATION AT CROSSOVER.
Torque : 1400lbs
Fuel Flow : 990
RECTIFICATION BEING TAKEN :
-Blade angle adjustment.
-Null orifice + wormshaft adjustment
-valve housing replaced.
- Coordinator resistance cx
- tachogene resistance cx
- Dome Assembly-SATIS.
Still persist after a week :
-Propeller and Valve Housing replaced.
Still persist on next day :.
No.4 engine RPM overshoot to 103.3% RPM on power advance with pitch lock symptomps.
+ RPM fuel governed out of limit.
- pitch lock regulator - still persist.
- FCU replace - SATIS.
New snag after a week :
No 4 engine nil low pitch stop.
- Rigging blade angle and low pitch stop adjustment.
-Valve housing adjustment.
- Replace dome assy.
- Replaced low pitch stop packing.
No 4 eng RPM overspeed with TORQUE, TIT and FUEL FLOW, LOW at crossover with RPM overshoot to 104%.
- Replaced Back previous dome assy + low pitch stop packing.
* SATIS but torque anticipation very slow during advance throttle.
*Throttle already at FLIGHT IDLE, TQ remain : 1.40 lbs.
-After about 10 sec TQ increase to 3.4lbs.
*Advance throttle, RPM+FUEL FLOW + TIT increase with low TQ until RPM overshoot until 104.4%.
- Retard throttle, RPM drop and TQ can SLOWLY can achieved 7.5lbs.
* Still persist.
- Replace another Valve Housing.
Anyone got idea on this synthom ?
Hello my name is Maarten, I am a Belgian last year high school student: aircraft technology. For my graduation I have to write a paper about the eingines of the C-130 Hercules. I've found a lot of information about the Allison T56 but it's more difficult to find the wright information about the Rolls Royce AE2100 engine. I need to know the differences between those two engines so I can compare them with each other. Do you know websites I have to visit or can you tell me somthing about those engines, any kind of information is welcome. If someone can help me with it I will be most thankful.