Aero Precision - Premier C130 Aftermarket Support

Sign in to follow this  
BRlang

RIP Frank

BRlang   
BRlang

On this day in 1970 we lost a running buddy. Frank Wilson was a loadmaster in 776th. Hit a mountain departing Taipei. Frank was part of our posse. Fun guy and everybody loved Frank. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Casey   
Casey
16 hours ago, BRlang said:

On this day in 1970 we lost a running buddy. Frank Wilson was a loadmaster in 776th. Hit a mountain departing Taipei. Frank was part of our posse. Fun guy and everybody loved Frank. 

Thanks for sharing your memory with us.  Judging by the fact that you mentioned him here forty-seven years later, I am assured that he was well loved.  Cheers to Frank Wilson, may he rest in peace and know that he made a lasting, positive impression on those that knew him.

--Casey

Graywolf88   
Graywolf88

He was assigned to the same barracks room as me at CCK, but don't think I ever saw him there. One of us was always gone TDY.

BRlang   
BRlang

Frank hung out with about 5 of us. We called it the posse.  I remember the day he didn't come home. Seems like it took forever for them to find the plane. Routine flight that had a tragic ending. Jim, I remember you. Can you post a photo of your CCK days.....I know what you mean about the TDYs. My roomie was always there as he was grounded by the OSI....

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• BRlang
      By BRlang
      I'm trying to help a retired C-130 Crew Chief prove boots on the ground. He was based at CCK and did rotations to TSN with his plane, I have reached out to my Congressman, Steve Womack, to see if we can get a short cut to getting credit for Vietnam service. I was able to supply the Air Force documentation and photos that proved my service. I was lucky to have all my old travel vouchers. They sent me a letter acknowledging my Vietnam service. Most people are not as lucky. I am trying to quantify the number of C-130 squadrons that were based off shore. I was at CCK and we had three. I can't remember where the "A" and "B" models were PCS or where they based in Vietnam. Also for the line MX and Crew Chiefs how often they rotated in and out of country. I am doing a write up to include in my letter the nuts and bolts of how we ran our trash hauler operations. I am trying to get his support and a short cut we can use to streamline this process. I realize the gunships had similar a similar set up. 
      Any input would be appreciated as I think we lost around 55 C-130s and for the most part none of them were PCS Vietnam....Steve Womack is a retired Army Col. He has jumped a C-130 so he will have a good knowledge of what we did.
    • joewanafly
      By joewanafly
      It seems to me that most of the talk on this site is being done by flight crew members.. C-130B C-130E

I'm pretty sure the statute of limitations is over by now.. so I will ask..

Knowing Naha was a C130-A base.. How many of you had a Alternator write up so that you could spend some time in town while we pulled and padded the alternator on the affected engine ? LOL...
    • alanwbaker
      By alanwbaker
      Desperate to complete a check ride so I could go on leave.

http://vietnamairlift.com/cckbeforeleave.html
      http://vietnamairlift.com/cckafterleave.html

Alan
    • alanwbaker
      By alanwbaker
      "Refusing to falsify this training certification may have been a career-limiting move, but what could they do? Send me to Vietnam?"

http://vietnamairlift.com/paperwork.html
Champion Aerospace