Aero Precision - Premier C130 Aftermarket Support

combat donkey

Utility hyd system venting fluid

combat donkey

The utility hydraulic system keeps venting fluid into the drip tray during flight. It doesn’t appear to be bleeding through from the Aux system. I am a bit stumped any ideas ? 

NATOPS1
On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 4:14 AM, combat donkey said:

The utility hydraulic system keeps venting fluid into the drip tray during flight. It doesn’t appear to be bleeding through from the Aux system. I am a bit stumped any ideas ? 

I take it the reservoir is filling up and over flowing then dripping out?   

hehe

What model?  Without knowing this, this is all I can give you for now.

I'm assuming, from your post, that the reservoir level is fine on the ground with the engines running.

If that is true, I would change the system filters for Utility (case drain, pressure and vent).

If this changes nothing, check accumulators.  Are you having to service accumulator pre-charges often for normal brakes or utility system accumulators?  

If nothing changes from there, I would need to know what model.  Depending on the year, you could have things like case drain relief valves, runaround circuits, suction boost runarounds, etc.  Let me know what model and I can help you out.