Aero Precision - Premier C130 Aftermarket Support

Sign in to follow this  
pjvr99

2J-1-18

pjvr99

Hey guys

I have a question for the engine test cell and AMARG people. When doing preservation of the engines, T.O. 2J-T56-56 says

to do it iaw 2J-1-18. I have read it several times (to be sure) but can find no reference to T56 engines. Only thing that has a

specified procedure is the 1C-130B-2-4CL-2 used by test cell. Does anyone know why the 2J-1-18 would be referenced? What

do you guys use?

Thanx

PJ

Tristan

2J-1-18 is a general maintenance T.O. for "Preparation For Shipment and Storage of Gas Turbine Engines". It simply gives guidance on the when and why of preservation, and tells us that fuel system components need to be drained/purged/filled with 1010. It's kind of a blanket guidance, and easily recognized by supply folks and loadmasters who are the ones who really care that a component has been preserved, and they don't need to know the specifics of preserving a T56. I assume that's why we use it, anyway.

On 4/9/2018 at 4:14 AM, pjvr99 said:

I have a question for the engine test cell and AMARG people. When doing preservation of the engines, T.O. 2J-T56-56 says to do it iaw 2J-1-18. I have read it several times (to be sure) but can find no reference to T56 engines. Only thing that has a specified procedure is the 1C-130B-2-4CL-2 used by test cell. Does anyone know why the 2J-1-18 would be referenced? What do you guys use?

Do you perform preservation IAW 1C-130H-2-00GE-00-1, chapter 5-29.7?

pjvr99
4 hours ago, Newbie said:

Do you perform preservation IAW 1C-130H-2-00GE-00-1, chapter 5-29.7?

No, but then I have never seen this before either. Having read through it, it appears to be a more intensive version of

the test cell procedure ..... I believe if I actually used it, my bosses would have me hung, drawn and quartered for

the time it would take to do. Thank you for the reference, it did provide an answer for me