#2 Engine failed to air-start

Shola

58 minutes ago, Shola said:

Please i need help.

#2 Engine failed to air-start. Engine wound down from 60 percent rpm. On landing, engine started normally. NTS switch and NTS brackets checked ok. Pump housing oil quantity normal. Need help to rectify the fault. Thanks.

Can U tells us about parameters when engine rewind, fuel flow , TIT .?

3 minutes ago, Awolola said:

Enrichment worked fine as rapid increase in tit and fuel flow was observed during the air start

It seems that may b fuel enrichmnt was not cut off at 50psi pressure... Bcoz if it so then it may b the reason for flamout due to rich mixture... Thats y i asked for enrichmnt chek on groun run...it wil clear the situation. 

4 minutes ago, Moeed hassan said:

It seems that may b fuel enrichmnt was not cut off at 50psi pressure... Bcoz if it so then it may b the reason for flamout due to rich mixture... Thats y i asked for enrichmnt chek on groun run...it wil clear the situation. 

Thanks for the input. We would put that as well into consideration. 

2 hours ago, Moeed hassan said:

Moeed Hassan, u r right most probably chance is 50 psi pressure switch cause of flame out.

18 hours ago, Ahmer said:

Moeed Hassan, u r right most probably chance is 50 psi pressure switch cause of flame out.

Hello 

We just completed the ground run. The fuel enrichment system worked ok. Engine rigging ok. Engine performed well during ground running. What else could likely be the problem? Thanks for your time.

5 minutes ago, Shola said:

Hello 

We just completed the ground run. The fuel enrichment system worked ok. Engine rigging ok. Engine performed well during ground running. What else could likely be the problem? Thanks for your time.

Might be one time  malfunction of s.s control.

On 10/27/2018 at 7:38 PM, Shola said:

Please i need help.

#2 Engine failed to air-start. Engine wound down from 60 percent rpm. On landing, engine started normally. NTS switch and NTS brackets checked ok. Pump housing oil quantity normal. Need help to rectify the fault. Thanks.

See the ignitor plugs of the engine

Munir Abbasi

3 hours ago, Shola said:

I know there is an air start switch in the valve housing. Could this be the cause of the engine failing to air start? Can anyone explain the function of the Air Start switch in the valve housing. Thanks. 

There is no air start switch in valve housing, condition lever air start position is is used during propeller hydraulic servicing , prop rigging on ground and air start the engine in air. The micro switch in condition lever actuate the prop aux pump motor when we select the condition lever to air start.

8 minutes ago, Ahmer said:

There is no air start switch in valve housing, condition lever air start position is is used during propeller hydraulic servicing , prop rigging on ground and air start the engine in air. The micro switch in condition lever actuate the prop aux pump motor when we select the condition lever to air start.

may b SHOLA is talking about AIR START CIRCUIT.... because air start switch is not in valve housing.....

NOT SURE BUT MAY B THIS SWITCH IS AVAILABLE IN ELECTRONIC VALVE HOUSING.... 

46 minutes ago, Ahmer said:

Thank you very much. I saw a diagram of the valve housing showing air start switch. Hence, my curiosity. 

Screenshot_20181029-053528_Docs To Go.jpg