Keystone Kapers

Mt.crewchief

Do any of you old Naha guys remember this book? I have asked about it before, but I called it the Naminoue Kapers due to CRS. Remember the Ryukian Islands were called the Keystone Islands?  Anyway two guys named Dick Moore & Frank Mortenson wrote and printed this little book in 1967 and sold it for fifty cents. It has a lot of drawings/cartoons about the night life/girls in the bar districts in Okinawa. If you explored any, you know they were all the same! 

I just found the one I bought in 1967 and was sure I had owned one. I will eventually post pics of the covers and a few of the inside pages to see if you remember this book. I know that most of you will remember fondly the antics that are illustrated and acted out in the book.  It's like a "this happened to me" story. At least for me most of it is humorous and kinda true! 

I can say, it is not professionally written , but you might have one you need to re-read----if I had bought it before I went downtown, I could have saved many dollars buying drinkee's for the Mitchiko's, and the Kimiko's  etc. Also, waiting for the local lovely to meet you  outside  waiting for your date after the bar closed. Also, "mamasan have meeting, ten more minutes" .

Also, the bomb hits when you and a couple other guys are all waiting for the same girl! All of those "drinkee's" you guys paid for on your $90.00 a month salary wasted!  Of course if you did this again, you were a real sucker!! 

Just think of the fun we had during the war!!

Ken

• Haha 1

When I got to CCK, I was a seasoned veteran from Naminoue Okinawa!  But I believe I had an instructor with me!  Steve Mudge was his name! He and a several other guys had already served a 13 month tour there, and got sent back after several months in the states!  

By then, I had also learned the ropes in Ubon also!!  Later when at CCK I  learned them in Bangkok  also. (the Bangkok Shuttle)!  

Those were some unforgettable times !  Some good and some not so good!

Ken

Just to jog your CCK memories!

DSCF0610.JPG

DSCF0608.JPG

DSCF1692.JPG

DSCF1684.JPG

DSCF1703.JPG

On 12/1/2018 at 1:02 PM, Mt.crewchief said:

Do any of you old Naha guys remember this book? I have asked about it before, but I called it the Naminoue Kapers due to CRS. Remember the Ryukian Islands were called the Keystone Islands?  Anyway two guys named Dick Moore & Frank Mortenson wrote and printed this little book in 1967 and sold it for fifty cents. It has a lot of drawings/cartoons about the night life/girls in the bar districts in Okinawa. If you explored any, you know they were all the same! 

I just found the one I bought in 1967 and was sure I had owned one. I will eventually post pics of the covers and a few of the inside pages to see if you remember this book. I know that most of you will remember fondly the antics that are illustrated and acted out in the book.  It's like a "this happened to me" story. At least for me most of it is humorous and kinda true! 

I can say, it is not professionally written , but you might have one you need to re-read----if I had bought it before I went downtown, I could have saved many dollars buying drinkee's for the Mitchiko's, and the Kimiko's  etc. Also, waiting for the local lovely to meet you  outside  waiting for your date after the bar closed. Also, "mamasan have meeting, ten more minutes" .

Also, the bomb hits when you and a couple other guys are all waiting for the same girl! All of those "drinkee's" you guys paid for on your $90.00 a month salary wasted!  Of course if you did this again, you were a real sucker!! 

Just think of the fun we had during the war!!

Ken

Ken,

Can't wait to see it. I don't remember the book, but then again there are many things I don't remember after a night in Naminoue!! You should make copies and sell them. I would gladly buy one.

Sonny