Jump to content
Aero Precision provides military aviation aftermarket solutions for c-130
Sign in to follow this  
munirabbasi

NESA WINDOW HINGE INOPERATIVE

Recommended Posts

Hello World Expertise 

PL Hing window inoperative (Electric Heating) of L-100 Hercules bat bird. Can bird fly at its normal altitude.Please describe limitation of NESA swing window and Difference of Military version and civil version hing window 

Munir Abbasi

Home of hercules Pakistan  

Edited by munirabbasi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Typically NESA windows can be flown when in-op but it limits the pilots because they must avoid icing conditions.  This would be a judgement call by YOUR aircrew members.  Every Air Force or operator is different.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, hehe said:

Typically NESA windows can be flown when in-op but it limits the pilots because they must avoid icing conditions.  This would be a judgement call by YOUR aircrew members.  Every Air Force or operator is different.  

Can we remove Electric connections of inoperative Swing Window?

Munir Abbasi

Edited by munirabbasi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

INOPERATIVE WINDSHIELD ANTI−ICING                                Operation  with inoperative windshield anti−icing is  permissible  provided.                                                                   1. The airplane is not flown in known icing.                                                                                                                      2. The  maximum speed limit below 10,000 feet is 185 KIAS  due to possible bird strikes. Descent  from high altitude into warm moist  air  with  an inoperative  nesa windshield anti−icing system will cause  fogging and possible icing of the windshield.   To minimize this, increase cabin air temperature and open the  pilot’s  and  copilot’s windshield defogging valves. It  is recommended that a gradual descent be made to allow the windshield, which has been cold−soaked at altitude,  to warm with ambient cabin air.

Edited by Ahmer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, munirabbasi said:

Can we remove Electric connections of inoperative Swing Window?

Munir Abbasi

Is the window arcing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, munirabbasi said:

Hello World Expertise 

.Please describe limitation of NESA swing window and Difference of Military version and civil version hing window 

Munir Abbasi

Home of hercules Pakistan  

To get FAA certification, it was required that the civil version had to have 3 positive locking devices on each swing window, whereas the military version has just one locking device.  The NESA systems are identical.

Don R.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DC10FE said:

To get FAA certification, it was required that the civil version had to have 3 positive locking devices on each swing window, whereas the military version has just one locking device.  The NESA systems are identical.

Don R.

Thanks

Munir Abbasi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You do not need to remove the wire from the window in fact you should turn off the NESA because if one window is inoperative it can cause the remaining operative windows to over heat. This information should be in your operators manual in the normal procedures section.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, NATOPS1 said:

You do not need to remove the wire from the window in fact you should turn off the NESA because if one window is inoperative it can cause the remaining operative windows to over heat. This information should be in your operators manual in the normal procedures section.

Thanks

Munir Abbasi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/12/2018 at 8:43 PM, NATOPS1 said:

You do not need to remove the wire from the window in fact you should turn off the NESA because if one window is inoperative it can cause the remaining operative windows to over heat. This information should be in your operators manual in the normal procedures section.

Can we replace the swing window of civil version with military version

Munir abbasi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 9:56 AM, munirabbasi said:

Can we replace the swing window of civil version with military version

Munir abbasi

I have no answer for you. You need to check part numbers and contact a field rep for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/13/2018 at 10:56 AM, munirabbasi said:

Can we replace the swing window of civil version with military version

Munir abbasi

You might be able to if the locking mechanism on the military version window lines up with the commercial version locking device on the window frame. 

Don R.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/15/2018 at 7:35 PM, DC10FE said:

You might be able to if the locking mechanism on the military version window lines up with the commercial version locking device on the window frame. 

Don R.

Thanks

Munir Abbasi

Home of hercules Pakistan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...