Rudder Boost Diverter Valve Manual Override Button

dagebow

I am wondering if anyone can advise when the manual override button located on the Rudder Boost Diverter Valve would be used? We have imagery but no actual technical notes advising of what the intent of the button is other than a manual override. We are guessing it is in case the hydraulic pressure does not change when the flaps are raised/lowered beyond 15% but we are not 100% certain.

This is on a C-130J but was also used on the H and E models.  

Thanking for any assistance in advance.

Pretty much just used to help troubleshoot.  Crew would never lay in the door and hold that button until they land unless there was something serious going on.

Pressing the manual override forces valve to act as if it was energized.  Pressing manual override valve is same as flaps extended past 15% (+/-5%).  

High boost state is energized, low boost state is de-energized.  Pressing button is high boost states

3 hours ago, hehe said:

Pretty much just used to help troubleshoot.  Crew would never lay in the door and hold that button until they land unless there was something serious going on.

Pressing the manual override forces valve to act as if it was energized.  Pressing manual override valve is same as flaps extended past 15% (+/-5%).  

High boost state is energized, low boost state is de-energized.  Pressing button is high boost states

Thanks for that.

19 hours ago, dagebow said:

I am wondering if anyone can advise when the manual override button located on the Rudder Boost Diverter Valve would be used? We have imagery but no actual technical notes advising of what the intent of the button is other than a manual override. We are guessing it is in case the hydraulic pressure does not change when the flaps are raised/lowered beyond 15% but we are not 100% certain.

This is on a C-130J but was also used on the H and E models.  

Thanking for any assistance in advance.

I have seen  rudder diverter reducer bypass switch mounted center stand flight pedestal but i could not locate  on ruder diverter dpanel

Munir Abbasi

Edited by munirabbasi

4 hours ago, munirabbasi said:

I have seen  rudder diverter reducer bypass switch mounted center stand flight pedestal but i could not locate  on ruder diverter dpanel

Munir Abbasi

It's located on the Rudder Hydraulic Boost Panel at the aft of the cargo compartment - roughly FS 1020. Red Button on the front of the valve.

13 hours ago, munirabbasi said:

Munir Abbasi

It is installed on deverter panel at devert valve on both side utility & booster .regards

14 hours ago, dagebow said:

It's located on the Rudder Hydraulic Boost Panel at the aft of the cargo compartment - roughly FS 1020. Red Button on the front of the valve.

Thanks

Munir Abbasi

14 hours ago, dagebow said:

Thanks

Munir Abbasi

• 2 months later...