RDR-1F WEATHER RADAR

PauloFerreira

HELLO!!

I'm having a problem with this type of weather radar!

R/T (Receiver / Transmitter) P/N-2070401-0101 are burning all the time when the plane goes in flight.

Displays (Pilot and Navigator) in Test Mode and Mapping only shows the three colors on the bottm of the displays, even if we change the Range!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best Regards!!!

20 minutes ago, PauloFerreira said:

HELLO!!

I'm having a problem with this type of weather radar!

R/T (Receiver / Transmitter) P/N-2070401-0101 are burning all the time when the plane goes in flight.

Displays (Pilot and Navigator) in Test Mode and Mapping only shows the three colors on the bottm of the displays, even if we change the Range!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best Regards!!!

Start by checking the waveguides between the R/T and Antenna.

I am not sure what you mean by burning. Are they actually overheating and smell burnt when the aircraft lands? Or do they just shut down and not come back on when the aircraft is sitting on the ground? Have you tried changing the antenna anyway, or swapping it with another antenna from a different aircraft? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/3/2019 at 3:01 AM, tinyclark said:

I am not sure what you mean by burning. Are they actually overheating and smell burnt when the aircraft lands? Or do they just shut down and not come back on when the aircraft is sitting on the ground? Have you tried changing the antenna anyway, or swapping it with another antenna from a different aircraft? 

Hi Tiny,

When we pass from warm up to Map the R/T just shuts down because it seams to burn the power supply. we have changed the antenna, swapped with onother palne, it's the same!!

The other problem is : when we are able to put the system running (because it works some times) we have only three little dots in the center bottom of the dysplay.

• 3 weeks later...

Paulo,

I wish I could be more help. I don't have any wiring diagrams to look at, especially for the video problem. Does the R/T sit in the aircraft cabin. Is the antenna a dish or flat array? I think this is similar to the RADAR we had on the C-141.