C130H Fuel Leaks in Flight

Shola

C130 experts,..i have a problem on C130H...my aircraft got visible fuel leak on port aft wing...which is visible in flight above 6000 ft in flight....we have rectified plumbings in dry bay, flap area, drain system, yet fuel leak still persists in flight. The leak happens only in flight...we have replaced o rings at fuel pipeline at flap area..fuel leak still persist...any suggestion guys.. I have attached a video of the latest leak.

22 minutes ago, Moeed hassan said:

Dear friend is the was fuel leak at the time of landing??? I means when  u were descending the plane was there fuel leackage exist or were stoped??? 

The fuel leak stopped during landing. The crew said the fuel blown off during landing was suspected to be from the residual fuel accumulation during the leak in flight. 

10 minutes ago, NATOPS1 said:

Check your vent lines inside the tanks; a cracked vent pipe will let fuel into the system and can vent overboard.

Ok, we will do that.  However, will the venting pass through the normal vent or can leak as shown in the video?

To me the video focuses on a location that is far aft of the actual leak site. If you observe closely fuel is passing by and getting picked up by the airstream at the forward edge of the fuel pump access hinge plate. The boostpump access and strainer are both in that area; any maintenance been done in that area (filter cleaned or changed, fuel boostpump replaced?)?

How far forward is the leak?

What was the fuel level of the tank during the video and other times that it has leaked? Does it always leak at all fuel levels?

What pumps were operating? What valves open? transferring fuel? Crossfeed or only main tank pump and n crossfeed?

• 3 months later...

Has this issue been solved? It looks like the leak is further forward at the #2 fuel tank. Have you filled the tank to about 50% full and ten no loaded the wings to flex the wing? It looks like a cracked wing plank under #2 fuel tank. I have a simular incident with a C-130E, 62-1826 while flying to Japan from California. No signs of a fuel leak on the ground but leaked in flight. At Yokoda, they no loaded the wings and behold, a fuel leak. A 4" crack span wise in the #3 lower plank.

Edited by Ramrod

32 minutes ago, Ramrod said:

Has this issue been solved? It looks like the leak is further forward at the #2 fuel tank. Have you filled the tank to about 50% full and ten no loaded the wings to flex the wing? It looks like a cracked wing plank under #2 fuel tank. I have a simular incident with a C-130E, 62-1826 while flying to Japan from California. No signs of a fuel leak on the ground but leaked in flight. At Yokoda, they no loaded the wings and behold, a fuel leak. A 4" crack span wise in the #3 lower plank.

Yes. The problem has been solved. We applied sealant to tank #2 and allowed it to cure very well. Now, there is no more leak and the aircraft is back in service. 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 8/5/2019 at 1:07 PM, Shola said:

Yes. The problem has been solved. We applied sealant to tank #2 and allowed it to cure very well. Now, there is no more leak and the aircraft is back in service. 

Where did u apply the sealant, can u be specified