USAF Aircraft parts identification, Lockheed C130

LAURENT

Laurent,   Have you been rummaging through an antique shop.  Am guessing you might be lucky and find a crusty old sergeant in assisted living facility, who, if he doesn't  have dementia may remember these components.  One thing for sure, you won't find these pieces on anything flying today.    The ramp and door control panel may be off a 54/55 A model.  

Just my attempt at humor.

Thank you for your comments.About your question, no i do not build an aircraft, but i'm looking for some little C130 A / B parts.
Laurent

14 hours ago, hlg6016 said:

I cant help you with the black box it's an Air Force specific system, The Hydraulic panel is the control panel for the aft cargo door and ramp. Are you putting together your own air craft?

14 hours ago, larry myers said:

Laurent,   Have you been rummaging through an antique shop.  Am guessing you might be lucky and find a crusty old sergeant in assisted living facility, who, if he doesn't  have dementia may remember these components.  One thing for sure, you won't find these pieces on anything flying today.    The ramp and door control panel may be off a 54/55 A model.  

14 hours ago, larry myers said:

Hi Larry, I really appreciate your sense of humor! I'm going to publish these photos on the 317th TCG website, I have a lot of Veteran friends who worked on the C130 in the 60's.
Thank you for your reply.
Laurent

Hi Larry, how you been doing? That hyd. panel would be off a B model or newer as the A models didn't have an AUX pump. I remember having to hand pump the ramp and door open the 3 years on A models at Sewart AFB TN. UGH!!! Thought I was in Herky heaven when I went on B's at Clark AB P.I.

Good morning Spectre,   For a burned out old geezer am in pretty good shape.  Except for an on duty back injury incurred while chasing a hooker down the alley behind the Blue Angel.

I agree with you concerning the origin of Laurent's ramp and door hydraulic control panel.  

Although  I spent four years in an "A" model outfit, never opened the ramp and door.  The reason being our aircraft were configured for a classified mission resulting in all the ramp and door hydraulics being removed and the ramp and door being semi-permanently closed.  Opened only during PDM.

Had the same experience as you going from  "A"s to "E"s.

• 4 months later...

I am 99.9% positive this control box is not a C-130 part. There have been many itterations of Terrain RADAR. This looks like it was used for landing, at least to me. Just becuase it has a WR sticker on it means nothing, except WRALC has been a dedicated RADAR repair facility since Christ was a corporal. 

If you are that interested, maybe hit the IBM home page and contact them about it. Someone may track it down for you. Good luck.