Starting TIT reduce at 2nd and 3rd start. Why?

pmostafiz

2 hours ago, pmostafiz said:

7B engine. At first start, starting to was 810 but on the same day at 2nd & 3rd start, starting tit was 780 & 760. So many time we found this happened. Can anyone tell me what is the reason behind this to reduce starting tit at 2nd start.

What is selection of TD SWs. Null or AUTO

Munir Abbasi

Engine will be cold at 1st start making harder for starter to turn engine. Also FCU will be cold making CIT and CIP bellows

respond differently.  2nd and 3rd start components, gearbox etc. will still be warm and make spin-up easier. Adjusting

TD amp will make little difference as it is only limiting the maximum fuel flow during startup. I see this regularly

on both A15 and D22A engines.

As long as start TIT is between 750 and 830 (780 to 810 desired) and start time is between 39 and 61

seconds (GTC/APU start), there is nothing to be concerned about.

20 hours ago, pjvr99 said:

Engine will be cold at 1st start making harder for starter to turn engine. Also FCU will be cold making CIT and CIP bellows

respond differently.  2nd and 3rd start components, gearbox etc. will still be warm and make spin-up easier. Adjusting

TD amp will make little difference as it is only limiting the maximum fuel flow during startup. I see this regularly

on both A15 and D22A engines.

As long as start TIT is between 750 and 830 (780 to 810 desired) and start time is between 39 and 61

seconds (GTC/APU start), there is nothing to be concerned about.

What pjvr99 said...

• 5 months later...