88-1301 thru 88-1308

wysongj

I was wondering if anyone had any pictures of these H2s. They are going through conversion to WC-130s down at Dobbins? I worked them when thy were slicks at Charlie West, 130th AW. I would really love to see 1302, 1306 and 1307. 88-1307 was my plane. Hope the Special ops guys have as good of a time on them as we did.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

One of my favorite stories about the \"88\"s we had was in February of 2005. We were flying out of Karshi- Khanabad Air Base in Uzbekistan. We started the day loading up 88-1302 with CDS bundles (all water and food). As a crew chief I always liked to help push the loads and help out the loadmasters when we were not busy pre-flighting. Well, CDS drops are nothing special, so none of us thought anything of this cold day at K2. When 1302 returned, the pilot was very happy and excited. He told us about what happened that day, that instead of dropping to U.S. troops (which is very important, and gives you a good feeling) they had dropped to a village in the mountains of Afghanistan. The hard winter had cut this village off from the rest of the world, they had no food and no access to anything. We dropped to them, which helped them get through the winter. It gave me a good feeling to know that I was part of somthing more than just flying troops, or KBR (Kellog, Brown and Root) around. Reuters News was there on the ground, they fly in on a UH-60 I\'m sure and we got some cool pictures from them.

Not sure how to add images.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

New here. 88-1305 was the fastest of the eight (1301-1308) by a few knots. I flew with the 130th from 1982-2002. I started on the E models we got right out of SEA. We got the H models Jackson,MS had next and then the H2's from the factory. The '88' H models were the best for comfort and mission capability. I loved flying them all but 1301-1308 were my favorites.