I just recieved the following Email from Ron's brother Charlie, who has been keeping Ron's friends up to date on his battle with cancer. The last one had been positive and it appeared he was going to be getting up and around.

Ron was a loadmaster at Langley (316th) and Clark in the 1960s. He was in the 29th TAS at Clark when I knew him in 1969-70. He left Clark early because he was upset because a mod bird flight went to Bernie Fierstein (Ron told me this in 2006) and decided not to reenlist. He took the next mod bird home and was discharged. He went home to Denton, TX but later reenlisted and got an assignment to C-141s at Norton. He became involved in special operations and went to MAC Headquarters as the Special Operations Loadmaster NCO and was heavily involved in the Iranian rescue attempt. (Everybody talks about the MC-130s and overlooks the C-141s.) After retiring as a CMSgt he went home to Texas and lived in Denton. He somehow talked Tony Girtman into hiring him as a ground school instructor at American Airlines even though he had not been a flight engineer.

Ron was a devout Christian and had his faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. I'll see him again.

Sam McGowan

PS - I checked the URL for the obit but his hasn't been published yet.

October 14th 2010,

Thank you Lord for your grace, mercy and love for us.

John 1:12-13

Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God-children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.

Ron lost his fight with cancer last night October 14th, 2010. However today he is celebrating his victory over death with the Lord Jesus. I don't have the words to express our thanks for the prayers, letters, cards and help that has been given other than to say God bless each and every one of you.

The obituary should be in the Heralddemocrat newspaper Sunday, tentatively the family visitation will be Sunday the 17th and burial will be Monday the 20th. The url for the newspaper is: www.heralddemocrat.com. I will post another update with all of the details as soon as we have met with the funeral home today.

Love and appreciation to you all,

In Christ,

Charlie and Deb

If you are going through hell, keep going.

Charlie