Herk in MotorStorm commercial

Fräulein

Which one of you lucky folks are flying the bird in the commercial?

The aircraft is not the main feature of the commercial, but I thought it should be given attention.

The commecial for the game is on the page. As well as some links to a FLKR set from the commercial

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/10/20/motorstorm-pacific-rift-one-week-until-the-invasion/

pjvr99 wrote:

Strange looking platypus (beavertail), and also ramp \'n door AND paratroop doors open ..... hhmmm. Also pods outboard of 1 and 4 engines, but no external fuel tanks ..... methinks a lot of artistic license has been used

The beaver tail was different on the A model, the outboard pods are A model external fuel tanks.

Aircraft used in commercial is an early A model. It has the safety valve mounted in the middle of the aft cargo door (just behind the door actuator) and has early series floor. Up to AF56-0509 the floors were full-length milled planks like the wing panels and had square tie-down pans. AF56-0510 and later had the fabricated floor panels with rivetted in oval shaped tie-down pans. If you freeze frame as the atv exits you can see the tie-down pans just forward of the ramp hinge line. It has a post 56-0510 ramp fitted. Ramps will interchange between A models only, but the B,E and H ramps will interchange between those models. The A model has an inflatable ramp seal like the other doors, whereas the B and on uses a lip seal. After it exits, you can see the safety valve hole in the middle of the door. The Beaver tail looks like the later one when you look at them from that angle. The older ones are barely visible from that angle. The Aussie A models were the only batch not fitted with the CPI airfoil tail cone.

It looks like an A model Type II beaver tail and the ramp looks like the Type II light weight floor. Maybe Fritz can share if he has any knowledge, The wing tips and horiz stab tips painted along with the exhaust trail being painted black makes me think of only two companies.

Yes, those are the external fuel tanks.

Fritz is not at International Air Response any more. I think it is ether N117TG or 118TG of I.A.R. you can also see the tank doors on the belly and yes the wing tips are red and ext. trails black like I.A.R planes.Spent 5 yrs. at that hell hole.

T56MX wrote:

Fritz is not at International Air Response any more. I think it is ether N117TG or 118TG of I.A.R. you can also see the tank doors on the belly and yes the wing tips are red and ext. trails black like I.A.R planes.Spent 5 yrs. at that hell hole.

I know, I saw Woody about 30 days ago. But never fear, Fritz is still working A Models. I spent 4 years at H&P. HVFS C-130 had the same paint scheme also.

The A model only had two ramps styles fitted. 53-3129 thru to 56-0509 had milled plank style panels. After 56-0510, all C-130 ramp floors were fabricated from flat aluminum and had the tie-down pans rivetted in place. The only variations were specific to unique operations where mods had to be made for special equipment or systems. Fitting late A ramps was common to the early airframes. National Aircraft has several airframes fitted this way.