Looking for TCTO #

Metalbasher

I'm trying to locate a TCTO # for installing drain holes in the two small rectangular access panels outboard of the belly band. The panels are maybe 5" x 7" and cover a 1" elbow for urinal drain line.

I've checked a few acft here at WR and have discovered some acft have the drain holes and some do not. I'm told the holes resulted from a TCTO, but no one seems to recall the #. Not even sure of the time frame for the TCTO...if I had time frame, engineers could search the data base a little easier.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Scott

Why, you can't just go drilling holes in an airplane without a drawing----I am so shocked !

The work spec (1B7B) needs to be traced to something official.

Just yanking your chain---some good ideas just happen.

P.S. I hope that when the holes are drilled, that there is alodyne or some sort of metal proctive coating applied.

Sonny

Do you know the actual work control document #s you referenced.

"That is part of the PDM work spec. The actual work cards have references and 202 instructions."

I checked the work spec 1B7B and it doesn't really provide any guidance for these drain holes. I think I'm going to have to look up the panels in the IPB and then pull a print for them from JETMIX and go from there. But a TCTO or a specific work control document/work spec card or a 202 or 202 reference from previous aircraft would greatly help out. I can backtrack a previous 202 from the office.

Thanks

Scott

Scott,

I don't have a specific WCD. This is what I found in the FY09 work spec though:

3.2.1.1.2.1.3.1 Replace all existing and accessible rubber flapper valves FS 245-737. Install new rubber flapper drain valves IAW 1C-130A-23 at all locations where standing water was annotated by E&I (Our research shows they put an "X" where a drain hole needs to go.). AFMC Form 202 should be submitted to on site engineering for documentation of location for new drain valves. (1B7B)

3.2.1.1.5.4 Correct defects found on ramp IAW TOs 1C-130A-23, 1C-130A-3, and 1-1-691. Ensure that pedestal structure has TO 1C-130A-23 required drain holes (WARNING: DO NOT DRILL THROUGH RAMP SKIN PANELS) (See drawing 346010 and ECO's).

If not installed, install additional drain holes and flapper assemblies in ramp lower skin panels in accordance with Lockheed drawing 346010 and ECO's. Additionally, install drain holes in 353612 bulkhead tee in accordance with Lockheed drawing 353612 and ECO’s.

Sonny

TCTO 1124 was for the access panel under the door sill.

Drawing 346010 is for ramp drainage, and the ECO to 353612 added two drainholes at the bottom of the ramp bulkhead on either side of BL 0.

Shown is the drawing of the access panel at the end of the belly band. There is no ECO for it, at least not in JEDMICS... yet.

You might want to review TCTO 1C-130-1124 also.

Something weird is going on..... Either the database screwed up and gave me credit for making the above post or I am a sick, sick man who can't remember making a post about a TCTO he knows nothing about. Someone please take credit for the post before I seek professional help!

Something weird is going on..... Either the database screwed up and gave me credit for making the above post or I am a sick, sick man who can't remember making a post about a TCTO he knows nothing about. Someone please take credit for the post before I seek professional help!

It's probably the smell from the onion plant, if it's still there.

What is the part # for those small access panels at the end outboard of the belly band?

Part number is 344444-4R & -4L, which is what that drawing number is that I posted.

We lived in Travis housing when I was in the eigth grade, circa '68. There was an elementry school right outside the housing area that I ran my go kart up to. I remember the processing plant, because if the wind blew just right, the smell was gawdawful.

Edited by tinyclark

Part number is 344444-4R & -4L, which is what that drawing number is that I posted.

We lived in Travis housing when I was in the eigth grade, circa '68. There was an elementry school right outside the housing area that I ran my go kart up to. I remember the processing plant, because if the wind blew just right, the smell was gawdawful.

I lived at Travis in 68 too, I was in 3rd grade, I went to the school at the gate. Dad was transfered in 69 to Lajes.

• 4 months later...

Speaking of random holes. When 69-5831 came back from PDM this year, there was a huge machined hole in the battery access door and the SPR door.

I was trying to wrap my nuggett around it thinking maybe it's some sort of weep hole. I couldn't find another hole leading to it though. Any ideas?

• 4 years later...