twentyfirst tas naha 67-69

stryker

my father msgt fredrick l stryker was a crew chief stationed @ naha who we joined early 68 as dependent children,remember going to naha afb as a boy,found civilian i.d. of my dad ,refused to discuss what he did.

he won title of airman of the year pacific and recieved a trip to tokyo etc.

around 1968-9.

he did mention flare drops,he did not like them.

does any one have any info on the beeliners 21 first tas?

does anyone remember him?

any info would be appreciated.

cliff stryker

When I arrived at Naha, in Dec 68, Fred Stryker was the Chief Flight Engineer in the 21st TAS. I worked for Fred until he rotated back to the states in 1970. I wasn't in E flight so I couldn't tell you what they did. I saw Fred in South Fla in 1971. Fred was one of the really good guys.

Ray

• 1 year later...

Cliff: My name is Jim Stryker. Your father, Fred, may well be an uncle I have been searching for the family tree. Your dad and I were both in the USAF. The last I heard he was in Florida, retired for the USAF and worked for the US Postal Service. I believe he was born in Pennsylvania and his grandfather was Harvey F. Stryker. His brother was my dad: Harvey. I realized this information is not what you asked on the 'twentyfirst tas naha' board. Confirmation and any info would be great. My email address: [email protected].

Sounds like he was an E-Flight guy, not a clue what they did or if its still classified or not.

Sorry I can't help you more than that, hopefully the classification has been downgraded and someone here can get with you online or offline and give you the info you would like to know.

Good Luck

Dan

• 3 months later...

Sounds like he was an E-Flight guy, not a clue what they did or if its still classified or not.

Sorry I can't help you more than that, hopefully the classification has been downgraded and someone here can get with you online or offline and give you the info you would like to know.

Good Luck

Dan

Get a copy of Heinie Aderholt's biography and of Ray Bowers 'Tactical Airlift," the official history of the USAF tactical airlift mission in SEA. You might also find a copy of the late Jim Morrison and Conboy's "The CIA's Secret War in Laos." They tell you everything there is to know about E Flight.