Troop Seat Tech Data

Madcow

Is there any tech data regarding the servicability of the troop seats? Have a few that have a couple of snaps missing and the odd strap or two that isn't sewn in. And a crazy Chief who feels the need to replace everything in the AOR that isnt perfect. Just looking for guidance other than 1-1A-More-Stripes-Than-You.

Sometimes that’s the only book that counts....

I would say fight the battle that needs to be fought... and this one doesn’t sound like one of them...

Hey look at it this way, if your out "fixn" stuff like seats then your not near 1-1A-More-Stripes-Than-You...and wont get stuck doing something EVEN MORE SENSELESS!!

Sounds like a win, win.....

Haha! Nice thought NATOPS, if he werent hanging out with the guys who are out there! Every day its something new. Three times in the last month, we have moved over 30 Conexes out of an overhang, powerwashed the entire area, and moved them back. I have powerwashed my 15 barrels that sit outside, no less than 3 times a week since I got here, about 45 days ago. We do 7 day flap lube/inspections here, instead of the typical 15 days. And i am expected to keep all my shelves in CTK dust-free, despite the fact that I have a large garage door facing the flightline. This door has a 5" gap at the top, numerous gaps all down the door, and a 2" gap along one side at the bottom. Might I also point out that this door faces the BACK side of the flightline (IE: Behind the aircraft) which means everytime they start engines (at least 6 times a day!), guess where all the dirt from the flightline heads?? This guy is insane, and for the most part, we do 'shut-up-and-color'. Which brings us to this situation! :) The flightline guys have had enough and are fighting back. It was our Dash21 guy who was digging for the reference, but nobody can find it. I'm not kidding when I say if it has two or more snaps or ANY but of strapping unsewn, it must be removed. Which, as it turns out, was about 75% of our inventory. Now we have just enough to supply the planes, that they have to swap seats from plane to plane each time they land.

The T.O. you are looking for is the 13A6-59-13. It doesn't really get into specifics for go/no-go stuff though.

Here is the inspection criteria.

"d. Inspect the nylon fabric for rips, holes, or frayed edges. Inspect the zipper for broken or missing teeth or damage to the slider. Replace accordingly."

Edited by Ryan1663

Well, I'd say just go with the flow but since Survival Equipment (old parachute shop, raft shop and sewing shop) combined AFSCs with Life Support that organic capability of being able to maintain those type things has all gone to contractors. I think most Survival Shops have turned in the equipment, so they simply don't have the capability anymore. Some may still have the equipment in the AOR...might be more of a HABU (hook a brother up) type quick fix.

Scott

• 2 weeks later...

Lol, nothing like doing a 15 day every other BPO. When I was there it dropped from 15 to ten, and then ten to 7. We still only did it every 15 days though:) Too bad your production wont stand up for you about the troop seats. Lol, maybe you should have atoc give the pax comfort surveys to complete when they get on the bus. Im sure they would all say the same thing regardless of how many seats were jacked up--crowded, hot, and bumpy.