CMSgt(Ret) Charles Thomas

I know several members here knew my father CMSgt Charles Thomas.

At 0350 MST he passed away in Albuquerque NM. He died of complications arrising from aggresive lung cancer. He was 74 years old. His career spanned ~ 55 years of service, (4 years in the Marines, 27 years in the Air Force and another 20+ as a civilian contractor for the Air Force.) He spent his entire time in the Air Force/civilian working or flying on turbo prop aircraft (130 and 133) with over 40 years in Rescue/Special Operatations.

The service will be at 1100 on Friday 2 April at French Funerals, 10500 Lomas Blvd NE. Albuquerque NM. The reception will follow at the same location.

ETA: My Mom has asked that in lieu of flowers donations can be made to:

Palliative/Hospice Unit 4D

NM VA Hospital

1501 San Pedro Dr SE

Albuquerque, NM 87108

The hospice unit and the "step-down care" unit that he was in first did an outstanding job. They were always attentive, caring and profesional.

Thank you,

Roger

Edited by herkengineer
add information

Roger

You and your family have my sincerest sympathy over the loss of your father.

Charlie was truly a great guy and I always loved the time we spent together, (although honestly I bet he wished I would just vanished some days when he was doing my HC/HAR retraining:rolleyes:).

We used to spend hours just BS'ing and swapping tall tales, as much as I hated getting sentenced to albatraz, getting to work with Charlie again was honestly one of the few bright points about being there.

Again I pass on my condolences to your family, and to the Herk world as a whole, his loss will affect us all.

Dan

Roger

I also pass my condolences to you and the entire family. Your father was always a bright spot in the ABQ area and always made it enjoyable to come back to refresher each year.

You're all in our prayers, sorry I'll be unable to make it out there for the services. I'm in the middle of MQ-1B Sensor Operator training at Randolph. Damn I miss the herk.

Gary Glover

Thank you All,

I've spent yesterday and today thinking of all the good times. There were plenty of them. It was great to be able to call and ask questions about the Herk and how it was tested. He always had insight that you couldn't find in a TO!

Here is a link to the tribute page at French's:

http://www.frenchmortuary.com/obituaries.htm

The slide show that will be played at the momorial will be posted there when its done.

Again, Thank you for your sympathies and prayers,

Roger