Quality Assurance question

Plaprad

• 4 weeks later...

No guessing about it; as an old QA weenie I'll confirm that! Being thought of as "the Bad Guys" all the time will do that (guess the black hats didn't help).

The only guys who feared QA or thought they were "the bad guys" were the maintainers who thought they knew better and refused to read, let alone adhere to, Tech Data. A solid QA and disciplined maintenance force, with integrity and standards, is the difference between the USAF and a third world AF.

Hell, I loved QA. I got over the shoulders more than just about anyone else in the squadron. Most of the Crew Chief QA were actual senior maintainers and if you showed interest would teach you. I learned loads from those guys. Only failed one time and it got thrown out because I was in the right and the QA guy mentioned to someone he wanted to bust a Crew Chief bad just before.

Where I work, QA is a very important matter. I work for Premier Aviation, YRQ, Qué, Canada. As a matter of fact, Premier Aviation Overhaul Center Ltd just aquired Empire Aerospace installations in Rome, N.Y. It used to be an US AFB Griffis..........John Boy