TCTO 1C-130-1972?

AMPTestFE

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dan, no. This is a self-contained system that works using 26 speakers installed on the flight deck. It's the same idea as the ANR headsets, just on a much bigger scale. I've never seen one yet. We're transitioning from E models here at the schoolhouse & am just trying to get a grasp on all the different possible configurations of the H2....as if that'll ever happen!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Is this a different system than that crap system they installed in all our HC's years ago, and you had to check out a 3000 dollar pair of bose headsets to use the damn thing.

Yeah, we got those on the MC-H too. They wired them wrong in the beginning and the microphones were shocking folks on their lips. It was hilarious to watch someone yank a headset off so quickly! ...even after they figured out what they'd done and fixed it, they never worked worth a damn. My home-installed aftermarket ANR worked better.

I have seen it once. Just a bunch of speakers all over the flight deck. I remember the eng saying he didn't like it because he couldn't hear the motors. Can't remember where tho...somewhere back east. This was several years ago.