C130 Two Piece Ramp Support

kiwic130alm

Can anyone assist in obtaining information for the grey two piece ramp support / ramp stool that can be used on the C130. I am trying through official channels but need a little assistance. We have a couple already that we "obtained" from the Canadians years ago but need a couple more.

(Photo attached)

Thanks

Do you need to use these? Kind of a pain in the ar$e...

Have you seen the wood supports? I'm sure there are plans/or #'s for them and someone here can get for you. They are VERY easy to use!!! Maybe even a Nav could figure one out...(MAYBE)

The old woodens were used 40 years ago, they were just made out of hard two by fores stacked on top of each other in a square and narroed like a peramid to the top. of course I remember useing a lot t-chocks on rote to euorpe in early 70tes, not the safe way to do it but they did work

Hope this helps

Company Name: K W D MANUFACTURING INC.

Parent CAGE:

Address: 2230 WEST SOUTHCROSS BLVD

P.O. Box:

City: SAN ANTONIO

Zip: 78211

CAO-ADP: S4402A-HQ0339

State: TX

County: BEXAR

Voice Phone Number: 210-924-5999

Fax Phone Number: 210-924-6799

Date CAGE Code Established: 11/5/1986

Last Updated: 10/26/2004

Point of Contact: JOHN DEANE

Edited by tinyclark

I can remember usin' another style of this thing, but we never carried them. used the ones that came out with the K-loaders, if they came at all. I'm talkin' about the forklift rigs, now. I think I MAY have seen a couple of the pyramid wooden ones, but for the most part, I think I used wheel chocks. Authorized or not, it got the job done when you had nothin' else. I think we did a lot of improv back in the day, and bet a lot goes on now. Like the time I had to use a boom-type wrecker to unload a 105...... The South Vietnamese wanted that gun REAL bad, so anything that worked.............. couldn't find THAT in the -9.

Giz

Hi Tiny

Thank you for the info.

Sorry about no reply, i was checking the forum on my phone and was not able to post a reply then because the hamsters were not running fast enough. Will take the info to work on tuesday and chase it up.

Thanks again

No sweat, sorry about bustin' yer chops. Didn't mean anything by it, caused by an extra glass of wine (or two). I just stumbled across this book one day looking for something else. If you guys don't have it, you should probably order it.

TO 1C-130H-4-15-1

TECHNICAL MANUAL

ILLUSTRATED PARTS BREAKDOWN

ORGANIZATIONAL MAINTENANCE

GROUND HANDLING EQUIPMENT

USAF SERIES

C-130E/H, HC-130H/N/P,

LC-130H AND MC-130P

AIRCRAFT