Agent Orange

sweeneyhj

I was station in RTAFB Ubon, Thailand between Oct. 1968 thur Oct. 1969. I was just diagnosis diabetes mellitus,type II. I worked on the F-4's on the fuel system part of the fighter. I know our fighter flew in Vietnam all the time doing there mission's and I know they sprayed Agent Orange out back of C-130's all the time and we were all over our planes doing our job. We all probably came in contract with Agent Orange but did not know it. I flew on C-130's into and out of Vietnam but know to prove it. What I want to know has anyone came down with diabetes being station in Thailand?? I'm thinking about filing a claim with the Va. How long do the keep the manifest who flew as pac's on C-130's with the crew's.

Harry Sweeney

• 2 weeks later...

Keep a copy of everything with your name on it forever. If you have copies of anything that proves you were in V.N. make sure to keep the original and only give copies out. Make your claim as soon as you can. It may take a while but, your compensation starts when you apply. Your application only puts you in the back of a long line. NEVER GIVE UP.

• 1 month later...

I have a friend that I grew up with that was in Ariel Support in Bangkok and loaded and unloaded drums of A/O on planes and worked around leaking drums, and has had type II for a number of years and cannot get any help because he wasn't in country, or he can"t prove it.

You are absolutely right, Check/set. As a matter of fact, NKP is listed as one of the hot spots for the use. From what i can determine,and I may be wrong, (ask my wife, I usually am) it was used as a perimeter weed control, and if i remember right, weren't the hootches we enlisted swine aircrew, and I guess others as well, lived in screened-in type structures fairly close to that???????? of course,that agent orange stuff didn't do much for cobra control, but that is a different adventure...................

But above all else, just keep diggin' for your entitlement. I have been waitin' almost two months now, but that ain't unusual. Just try to outlive the bastards, and also take care of you other possible medical issues. They hand this stuff out to illegals and everybody else who did not a damn thing to earn it, we gotta go for ours which we DID earn. Oh yeah, one post on this thread states that C-130's were used to spray AO?????????Is that correct?????? All I ever knew of was C-123's, and i think maybe, to a limited extent Hueys???????????

Giz

123'3 for sure. I never saw any spray equipment on any of the 130's I worked on. Doesn't mean it didn't happen. I submitted my claim for AO and other related medical conditions in June 2010. My claim is in the Decision Phase now. But I'm not sure how long it has been there or how long it will take to make a decision.

Like i say Sparks, ya just gotta out live 'em. Sometimes their policy is "DOPE THE VET, HE"LL FORGET!!!!!!! or "BYE and Bye, they are all gonna die, just let the paperwork lie." We cannot let that continue to happen. It didn't take six months to get us in the military, it didn't take six months for them to put us into 'situations."

Giz