Personal bio's

DC10FE

I don't have grandkids, probably never will, but my daughter calls the C-130 "poppa's plane", and my wife understands that I have a mistress that is over 50 years old, ugly as hell, weighs probably 50 tons empty, and makes a lot of noise. They both shared my life at the same time, and what more can I say. And what is more baffling, I think that 4 years I had as a loady means more to me, in many ways, than my 26 years as a firefighter. Go figure!

Giz

Sonny, looks like some of your photos are a little washed out, perhaps due to the l o n g time since they were taken. I can clean them up a bit in PhotoShop if you like. Doesn't take long. Here are a couple of examples:

Hey, Bobcck, I have a picture i took of the tailpipe fire we had on a ferry mission, back in "71. it is really gettin' dim. anything you can do to it?

Giz

My wife and daughters wouldn't know a C-130 if it bit then in the ass.When I work on the car, my wife will come out and point to the alternator and ask what it is and what it does.

I started telling her it does the same thing it did last time you ask.

They have no intrest in man or mechanical stuff.

You might like this........when my daughter was in nursin' school, she worked as a cashier at the local Lowe's store, and sometimes she got to work in t

he garden center and so on, as well. One day this guy bought somethin', I can't remember what it was, but it was big and bulky and he had this little car, wanted to tie the thing on the roof. my daughter says' oh that will fit inside." He says" No It won't." Erin, bein the determined hard-headed Irish-German she is, says 'Listen, my dad once put a bulldozer into a C-130. I KNOW I can get this in your car."" and she DID""""""" Maybe bein a trash hauler is genetically transferred sometimes???

Giz

Whenever somebody in my family moves or wants to put stuff in something (like a storage locker), they always call me because "he was a Loadmaster and he can get everything in there just fine!" And, I usually can, too! <grin> As an example, when my wife and I moved from California to Texas, I got everything we owned (including a 1966 Mini Cooper) in a 24ft U-Haul truck... well, not everything - we had to tow the Vega!... Like Giz, I think my 10 years as a LM were a lot more exciting and enjoyable than the following 32 years as an Aircraft Mechanic...

And before I found this website, I thought I wasprobably the only person out there who would get chill bumps, a lump in my throat and the reaction to stop and stare everytime I spotted one of those Herks. I really feel like I've found a bunch of long lost friends here. Thanks for the memories guys !!

Keith

And before I found this website, I thought I wasprobably the only person out there who would get chill bumps, a lump in my throat and the reaction to stop and stare everytime I spotted one of those Herks. I really feel like I've found a bunch of long lost friends here. Thanks for the memories guys !!

Keith

Hey, Sparks, I think most of us are glad you found this site, too. Seems like we are all just about alike. Sorta makes ya feel sorry for those who never had the 130 experience doesn't it?????????? I bet none of us would have ever predicted this, forty years or so ago...It is just a good thing that Al Gore invented the world wide web so we can connect once again.

Giz

bring it on, Chris................I think we would have a grand time. I think amongst all the stories, the truth may appear from time to time!!!! LOL!!!!!! really, some of the stuff that people on this site, and others that are not, have done and seen just is so out there, nobody but us could possibly believe them. A year ago, I met up with a guy I knew way back when, had some real fun times together,and my wife had know him as well. anyway, we spent probably16 hours or so together over two days and his wife and mine just sat with their mouths hangin' open listenin' to our tales. Course, maybe that was because we hadn't fed them in about ten hours............

Giz

Sonny, looks like some of your photos are a little washed out, perhaps due to the l o n g time since they were taken. I can clean them up a bit in PhotoShop if you like. Doesn't take long. Here are a couple of examples:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2419[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2420[/ATTACH]

BobCCK,

They look great. I would be most appreciative. What do you need from me?

Sonny

Good day to you all!!

"Hey, Sparks, I think most of us are glad you found this site, too. Seems like we are all just about alike. Sorta makes ya feel sorry for those who never had the 130 experience doesn't it?????????? I bet none of us would have ever predicted this, forty years or so ago...It is just a good thing that Al Gore invented the world wide web so we can connect once again."

this guy is right!..............Cheers to you all!