13 pay days in 2011

cfisher

I was reading in the air force times we were going to have 13 pay days in 2011 because they were going to change the date we are going to get payed in 2012. They said we were going to get paid 12 times in 2012. I have read the statement over and over and i don't understand it. I know we are not going to get any extra money. Can anybody explain?

Wasn't it back in the early-mid '90s that they changed it around the first time? Seems like I remember pay days going from the end of the month to the first of the month so they could skip Sep 30th and pay on Oct 1st to push a whole paycheck into the next fiscal year. Is this just them switching that back?

I was reading in the air force times we were going to have 13 pay days in 2011 because they were going to change the date we are going to get payed in 2012.

The pay date actually changes for the October 2011 pay date, not in 2012.

Air Farce Times = National Enquirer

From the Horses mouth. DFAS PAY DATE CHANGE

The down and dirty...

The payment IAW the 2011 National Defense Authorization Act requires DFAS to process pay prior to the first day of the month, and if that day falls on a weekend or national holiday, the pay date is moved to the previous business day.

This means what was the Oct 3 pay date will be issued on 30 September 2011. The 03 Jan 12 pay date will be on 30 December 2011. So you are getting the first payment of 2012 in 2011 so that bumps payments from 12 to 13. How you still will get 12 payments in 2012 is the last payment in December 2012 will actually be the January 2013 payment.