TC-130H

Spectre623

• 1 month later...

I was the ACC on 962 at DM from 03 to 06. I love that plane. Always have. Great plane but had tons of Radar problems. We figured it was wiring causing all the issues. All it was for was training missions, loads of touch n go's and AR's. She has center wing box cracks now so no yanking and banking by the pilots.

Joe

• 4 weeks later...

It was never converted into a compass call platform. It is a slick TC-130H. The only thing i'm fuzzy on is if it was ever converted into a ABCCC platform. It was with the 42nd which was the ABCCC unit.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA---Air/Lockheed-EC-130H-Hercules/0351753/L/&sid=a9e6950d224543226962554717bbbdad

i found this on Airliners.net with the old 42 flash on the tail. Hope this helps.

• 2 months later...

This thread connects some history of mine: Flew 65-0962 (LPN 4102) as a slick when I (and it) belonged to 7 ACCS at Keelser and 87-0157 (LPN 5121) when I (and it) belonged to 6514 TS (later 514 FLTS) at Hill. Only time I flew 0157 at Edwards was for a night test. Had a fire in back and IFE to North Base. K9

Edited by Casey

• 10 months later...

65-0962 was an old Compass Call bird. I took it into theater for Desert Shield. After the 43rd ECS was deactivated and their airplanes came to DM we had to demod a couple of frames. 962 was the first one they did. It was delivered to the old 7 ACCS ay Biloxi with the intent of making it an ABCCC bird. However, it had to go back through their depot and they found it was supposedly bent in three directions so they couldn't get a capsule in it. It ended up coming back to DM when the 7th moved and it found its way back to the EC-130H side of the house as a pro bird.

Homer

EC-130H IN

• 1 year later...

To tie this all together: 65-0962 started life as an HC-130H. It was in the 67th ARRS at RAF Woodbridge (Moron AB before that). In 1985, she was selected to become an EC-130H Compass Call platform and went to Ontario for conversion. When complete, she was stationed at DM. In 1992, she was de-modified and was assigned to the 7th ACCS at Keesler as a slick. There was some talk of making her a capsule bird but there was never any real money or desire to actually do this (she wasn't "bent"). After two years at Keesler, she moved with the unit to DM aand became part of the 42nd ACCS (same unit, different name). Eventually, near the time of the 42nd inactivation, she was turned over to the Compass Call guys and has been with them ever since.