63-7786

1685FCC

Sort of the question I asked earlier, about the re-designations - HC-H's had the Fulton nose, HC-P's had the Fulton nose and refueling pods, HC-N's had the regular nose, refueling pods, and reclining FE seat... Now it seems they're all MC-P's.

The 73 H models really were nothing more than 72 E models with -15s. Sure could have used the upgraded flight deck ACs during the summers at LRF (75-77 and 78-82) but....

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's still a fair number of HC's out there..from D/M and Moody to Patrick Air Reserve, New York ANG and Alaska ANG. CA ANG are the only ones that are flying the MCP as a rescue aircraft that I know of.

Would love to hear from the Rescue guys on this.

Metalbasher

Were you able to check on the tail number of the E scheduled for Jordan?

Also I just got a file on Aircraft at AMARG 12 March 2012. 62-1851 was not listed at AMARG?

Any more on the last flights of 61-2358 and 72-1289?

Bob

Bob,

72-1289 is already gone. I guess one of the other squadrons on base (other than the 61st) took it to AMARG. I am in the process of getting my FE superintendant recurrent on the "E" so he can be the primary Engineer when they take 61-2358 to Edwards next month. I haven't heard a firm date as of yet, but we are down to our last E-Model here at Little Rock.

Also, I can say for certain that 62-1792 went to Robins to get prepped for Jordan. Hope this helps.

Dave

All,

I remember 7786 as a Langley bird with the 37th TAS. I was there Jan 1971 to December 1972. I was an asst. CC with Ron Cameron, I took her TDY to Europe, Panama, Taiwan and SEA. She always was a great bird to fly and work on. We had many of "OK" flights with her. By the way 7783 was her sister ship and she was a good bird too. They both must have come off the line at Lockheed, on a Wednesday.

Bob D.

Looked in my log book and I flew 7786 at Langley then. I was in the 37th too and was on all the rotes you mentioned.

Bob Daley

Don't miss the Langley Reunion this year!

Bob,

I got the radio call placard from the co-pilots dash around my dog tag chain. I'll carry it on there the rest of my career. 2358 is on it's way to Edwards, it seems, on May 1st. I'm taking her up with my Superintendent (he's getting requalled to take it for retirement so I'm getting him back up to speed) this Monday night. It will be the last training sortie for the E-model at Little Rock.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Last weeks Boneyard list had all the ex Herks from LRF we expected except 62-1851. Can't find that one! Bob

Bob,

62-1851 is still here at Little Rock. I'm not quite sure what they have in store for that ole' gal. It was one of the aircraft damaged in the tornado last year. I saw it today out in front of Hangar 250.

Dave

Sort of the question I asked earlier, about the re-designations - HC-H's had the Fulton nose, HC-P's had the Fulton nose and refueling pods, HC-N's had the regular nose, refueling pods, and reclining FE seat... Now it seems they're all MC-P's.

The 73 H models really were nothing more than 72 E models with -15s. Sure could have used the upgraded flight deck ACs during the summers at LRF (75-77 and 78-82) but....

All called P's now. As for MC's in the -1 where TCTO's are listed it breaks down which are N(69-58xx series), and which are P(the rest). In the 1-1 it matters as far as certain speeds(fulton or slick nose). That's all I got.