See if this will work!!

Mt.crewchief

Like the rest of you guys, I am always looking for a new member that happens to be one of my old buddies at Naha , CCK, or Ubon. So far almost every day we have new members, but still not one of the guys I knew. I have noticed that almost every time I log in, there may be only a few members online and a whole bunch of visitors looking at the forum. So, since most of us have come across this forum by just looking for something involving the Herk, I am going to see if I/we can draw some of them in!

I could add a whole list of names of guys that I would like to hear from but for now, lets try this.

Remember me, Ken Carlson, from Columbus Montana I was stationed at Naha Sept. 1967- March 1969. Stationed at CCK from Mar. 1969 till July 1970. I also was a Blindbat Crew Member in the fall of 1968 at Ubon.(90 days) Oh yeh, I was at Dover from July 1970 until I got out in Jan 71. (Still trying to forget the C-133's)!!!

Now, if you remember me (in a good way I hope), let me know and I will get in touch with you immediately!

My e-mail address is: [email protected]

Ken

I hope this works!!!!

Edited by Mt.crewchief
accidentally submitted before finished

• 2 weeks later...

Sonny,

I am sure I knew him, but without a face, I wont know for sure! Do you have him in any of your pics?

I was looking at a guy in the mirror the other day, and was sure I knew him but can't remember his name!!!!!!

I think I knew him at Naha though!

Ken

Ain' that the truth, Ken????? Last year at the 316th reunion, only some old guys showed up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Probably be the same this year in Hampton...

Giz

Ain' that the truth, Ken????? Last year at the 316th reunion, only some old guys showed up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Probably be the same this year in Hampton...

Giz

Giz,

Oh yea. There will be several old fart pilots, same with maintenance troops, navs, loadies and probably even an old tried ass retired firefighter. Hopfully there will also be some FEs able to get out of thier Lazyboy and report.

Of course this is all in jest, so when you see me please don't beat on me. I'm very old and fragile.

I hope Rex ordered very bold print on the name tags so we can read them.

Clear three,

Myers

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I just know that with 4300+ members on this forum and many more visitors one of you non-members or inactive members, will respond to my plea for a response!!

There probably a lot of visitors and members that wonder "what ever happened to old" so & so" !! This may be the place to find old friends, help somebody find their old friends, or like most of us, Make New Friends!!!! I know I have made some friends and have actually met one guy that is now an "old friend" No offense meant Chris!!

Ken

No offense taken ol' buddy!!!!!!

I'm still looking for James (Jody) Wilcoxson. He was one of the original several dozen troops assigned to Pope just as Pope was getting in the new C-130s. He cross trained to loadmaster and I saw him only once after that. This was in 1964, and Jody was probably a lifer. It wouldn't surprise me if he ended up in Alaska. I'm really hoping that some day somebody will get us in touch!!!!!!!

tinwhistle (Chris)

I just signed in and noticed all of the birthdays for today!!!!! Happy Birthday all of you!!!!!! Actually, I scrolled through almost all of the names of the members that didn't complete their profiles with their birth date and I clicked on the names that I thought that maybe some of my old friends would use. Needless to say, still no leads!!! Of course all that I checked had no profile either. Maybe I should send a private message to all that interest me and see if they answer!!! Suppose that will work???? Of course they have to have the option to receive e-mail notices enabled. (from the forum).

I think I will give it a try !!

Maybe if some or all of the rest of us regulars did that we might fire up some of these guys!!!

Just a thought,

Ken

During an upgrade, a couple of years back, several birth dates were lost and were set to 1 Jan. Each year, I get a few e-mails from people stating that it is not their birthday. I am slowly correcting them but I still have a long way to go.

First: Happy New Year Everyone.

Looking for and finding people from the past can be madding experience. Father time has a way scattering us all over the place. I've come to the conclusion, if you are from the Vietnam time period, it's a very good possibility the person you are looking for has passed on. This is what I found looking for a very good friend from Vietnam. Check out the following web site, it may explain why you don't or cannot find your friends.

"Of the 2,709,918 Americans who served in Vietnam, Less than 850,000 are estimated to be alive today, with the youngest American Vietnam veteran's age approximated to be 54 years old."

From Web site: http://www.nationalvietnamveteransfoundation.org/statistics.htm

Happy New Year to you to RomeoDelta!! According to the web site info you posted I have about 3 more years left to say that!!!!

Sobering statistics aren't they!!!

In my mind, all of the guys I am looking for still look like they did 40+ years ago. As a matter of fact, all of you guys on the forum look the same way in my mind!!!

Also, HAPPY NEW YEAR to the rest of you guys and I plan on telling all of you the same for years to come!!!!!!!!!

Ken

Can't speak for anyone else, but I didn't take offense, in fact had the same thing happen to me awhile back. I finally found my very best friend only to be told by his daughter that he had died the year before. I cried for three days: we were that close in Vietnam.

To close on a lighter not: I did manage to find my next bestest Nam friend about three years ago, and although he lives 1300 miles away, we get together at least twice a year! Neither one of us is in the best of health any more so it's always a big deal when we do get together!!!!!

Not to belabor the subject, but it has also been a real thrill for me to meet, in person, two of the friends that I've made right here on this forum. Two of the finest men I'll ever know: MTCrewchief and Giz!!!!!!!!!! :)