C-130 Memorobilia

Lionheart

Speaking of C-130 Memorabilia, do any of you guys ever see any of the yoke- hub covers (whatever they're called) for sale?

I tried to get one or two for 33 months, and had them back ordered forever and in the 781K and never did get one!!!

I suppose they have changed over the years, but if I remember right, the ones on the A's and the E's were the same. (period-1967-1970)

I suppose that is pretty high for a patch, but if I really wanted one, I would pay that much!!

Ken

Yep, that's what I have been trying to own since I saw my first one!! I had kind of forgotten what they looked like!!

Don, do you need my mailing address?????

Ken

Ken & Frank,

If I were to sell it, you two guys would have first dibs on it. I actually don't know why I keep all this crap. I still have the whizz-wheels (TOLD computers) for the E & H-models. When I was digging through the box looking for the C-130 horn button, I also came across a nav computer that I used to use in flight. It's a miniature version of what the nav used in his back room to make his magic. Since I got a new scanner, here's a photo of it. I haven't a freeking clue how to use it now.

Don R.

Thanks Don, I tried!!!

Another thing I used to want to remove and keep for a souvenir was the clock on the Nav. table! Also, the altimeter!

I suppose those items would be easier to find.

Frank, I am going to try to find one of the "horn buttons" and if I find a reasonably priced supply of them I will let you know!!

By the way, there will be NO replica's considered!!

Ken

Ken & Frank,

If I were to sell it, you two guys would have first dibs on it. I actually don't know why I keep all this crap. I still have the whizz-wheels (TOLD computers) for the E & H-models. When I was digging through the box looking for the C-130 horn button, I also came across a nav computer that I used to use in flight. It's a miniature version of what the nav used in his back room to make his magic. Since I got a new scanner, here's a photo of it. I haven't a freeking clue how to use it now.

Don R.

Remember those. Used it some, mostly on overwaters. But for the life of me I can't remember why? Seem to remember was line up 2 numbers and get results over arrow head. But damn not even sure about that now.

• 1 month later...

I have a full set of engine indicators, some RMI's and speed indicator.

Want to do something with them but so far they are just in storage.

I just wonder what the engine indicators would look like as a headstone? Could be pretty cool for an FE's final resting place. All set to max cont cruise.

• 4 months later...

Speaking of old memories, I just got my original "issue" watch back from my father. He held onto it for me since 1972. It's the GG-W-113 hack watch. Looking online for info on the maker, etc. I see that now-a-days civilians are crazy for old military watches. Just had mine refurb'ed and it keeps great time, no batteries and glows like you-know-what, in the dark. it's my new everyday watch. Yeah, I still have my whiz wheel too. keep meaning to look for an instructional manual. Any ideas ?

Naa when I go out I want Max Torque showing on all four

Max Torque? Wasn't he the FE with the loadmaster Ty Downs in the MAC Flyer many, many years ago? The AC was a major and the Co-pilot was named Long Suffering Sam, I think.

Don R.

Yes Don I remember that infamous major, that legend in his own mind, that flatulent flyboy, that bulbous bumbler, that field grade fumbler, that ace of aero space was none other than Maj. C.R.Terror the global gastronome!! I used to love to read about that crew's misadventures way back when! Bill:)

Edited by Spectre623

Thanks, Bill.

Either you have a great memory or else a copy of the MAC Flyer in front of you. All exact descriptions of C. R. Terror. One of the few military publications I enjoyed reading.

Now, what was the Nav's name?

Don R.

Ken & Frank,

Don R.

I still have my C-130A load adjuster, sometimes I get it out and pretend that I'm computing a dummy load or maybe I'm the dummy.

Bob M.