Tail Flashes of 19th Air Wing

gmailander

If memory serves me right: red-50th, green-61st, white-41st(J)?, yellow-53rd.

Red for the 50th (Red Devils) and green (Green Hornets) for the 61st makes sense. Not sure about the 41st and 53rd though. Guess the 16th and 62nd are history huh? The squadrons I was assigned to no longer exist or have different designations now - 32nd TAS, 6594th TG, 16th TATS, and 17th TAS. Such a shame.

The 16th is a C-17 squadron, the 62nd is in the 314th AW. The 53rd tail flash is black. We lost the 16th back in the early 90's, and was given an old C-141 squadron (53rd) as it's replacement. The way I heard, the C-17s already had the 15th & 17th squadrons, and wanted (and got) the 16th to make them sequential.

The 16th is a C-17 squadron, the 62nd is in the 314th AW. The 53rd tail flash is black. We lost the 16th back in the early 90's, and was given an old C-141 squadron (53rd) as it's replacement. The way I heard, the C-17s already had the 15th & 17th squadrons, and wanted (and got) the 16th to make them sequential.

Yeah they got the 17th and the 17th became the 517th. So much for squadron history.