Need Help with old TCTO for QEC Kits

Metalbasher

Guys I'm trying to find out a TCTO number for an old TCTO. I'm pretty sure the TCTO came out in the mid to late 70s and pertained to the T-56 QEC kit. The problem was the upper QEC kit longerons were corroding due to improperly placed drains holes located in the multiple longeron cavities. The drain holes were actually too far from the radius in the corners, thus allowing water to puddle in the radius vs. drain. The TCTO stated to apply sealant or damning compound to the corners and smooth out thus forcing the water to migrate back toward the drain holes for draining.

Any help in identifying the TCTO number is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Scott

Scott,

I remember having to dig out all that old sealent, remove two of the four bolts and have NDI out to check for corrosion. We would then reinstall the first two bolts torque them down and begin the process once again with the remaining bolts. This happened in the mid 80's, do you think this is the same TCTO you are looking for? If so I may be able to find the TCTO number from our engine shop.

Ron