PEROFORMANCE CALCULATION

herky400M

HELLO C-130 WORLD!

WHO USES WHAT TO CALCULATE THE POWER PERFORMANCE ON A T56-A-15 III

IN BDEF WE HAVE TO USE THE CALCULATOR PROGRAM RR (EXCELL SHEET) I HAVE DOUBTS ABOUT IT BECAUSE MOST OF THE PERFORMANCES ARE ALWAYS VERY HIGH

WHEN USING THE OLD SYSTEM HP CALCULATOR OR MEASURING ON THE GRAPHS, MOST CALCULATIONS ARE 1% - 1.5% LOWER, AND MY FEELING MORE CORRECT.

GREETZ

B

We use the HP48GX calculator. Itcalculates almost identical values as the old slipsticks, and we

also have a DOS pc version calculator which comes up with same results as HP. I have a copy of the

excel spreadsheet, but dont use it as the results vary too much from the other 3 methods.

Even my own attempts at making a spreadsheet calculator are more accurate (but not enough to

use it as anything more than a reference)

I've always used the HP48, but the part number for the program cartridge isn't loaded in the US Air Force supply system. You might contact a tech rep with Rolls Royce to see what they can do for you. I hear there is a newer calculation that is supposed to be more accurate and more generous, but I haven't seen it come my way yet, so it is just rumor as far as I know. Theoretically, the more humid the air is, the less power the engine should be expected to pull, so the efficiency numbers should be higher on a humid day than what we currently calculate.

I've always used the HP48, but the part number for the program cartridge isn't loaded in the US Air Force supply system. You might contact a tech rep with Rolls Royce to see what they can do for you. I hear there is a newer calculation that is supposed to be more accurate and more generous, but I haven't seen it come my way yet, so it is just rumor as far as I know. Theoretically, the more humid the air is, the less power the engine should be expected to pull, so the efficiency numbers should be higher on a humid day than what we currently calculate.

I've never seen any of these calculators, but out of curiosity, how do they compare to the 1-1 charts?

• 2 months later...

Com on guys who is using what kind of system to perform a performance calculation!

d-base??

HP48SX??

new RR excell file???

help on this one

We are using the PDA handhelds.

As far as your question with regards to the % difference in the performance calculation between older and newer version of the software, a correction was made to the press/alt calculation in one of the more recent versions of the software that could have resulted in a 1-2% difference in the results from prior versions of performance calculation. However the current version of the software gives you the most accurate calculation available.

When talking to our Field Service Team engineers they said that that the algorithm also changed. How true this is I could not tell you. We now use version 3.1 and it's the same as the old HP calculators.

Service Information Letter SIL 94-10 has PN's and more information as well.

• 1 month later...

When gtc start motor rotate 3 to 5 second than electric fuse cut out,fcu,oil pump removed accessory drive free rotate .turbine. also free rotate.wireing & all relay check found good,

This question is off subject, however if I am not mistaken, in the 1C-130E or H-49JG series job guide or the GTC overhaul manual there is a starter slip clutch check and adjustment that can be done. If this adjustment is too tight, it will blow the 200 amp current limiter repeatedly even if you are constantly replacing starters. This issue also happens on the J model APU also, with an APU ACAWS of some sort. It has been a few years since I have worked either aircraft.