62-1847 found

Dearstone

You guys amaze me with your memories, as much as I flew on every bird that I was assigned to I could not remember the tail numbers. I finally set down and went thru some of my flight records from my time assigned to PACAF and I found two aircraft that I either crewed or was a crew member, 63-7796 and 62-1847. I could not find any records on the birds I was on at Sewart while assigned to the 4442nd, but remember my first c/c Ssgt. Fred Furchess, and asst. c/c Ssgt. Jim Ridgeway. I couldn't find anything on 63-7796, but found that 62-1847 is assigned to 37 AS in Europe, the name of the site is Touch Down Aviation. I couldn't download the pics but there is four of them, all with the gray paint job and not the green, brown, and white that I remember. It's funny that basically all C-130 look alike but seeing my old bird was like looking at pictures of an old friend or family member that is gone and sort of puts a lump in your throat, but also brought back the hundreds of hours of dedicated labor that I put into her, and the pride that I felt each time I flew on her or stood and watched her take to the skies. Great times and great memories.

There are pictures of both in the Gallery 62-1847 is Lockheed 3810 it went from 37AS at Ramstein to the Boneyard in 2009.

63-7796 is Lockheed 3862 it went from 62AS at Little Rock to the Boneyard in 2011.

I guess you could say there are no more USAF E models flying, 62-1863 was converted to an HC-130P, there are 8 AC-130E's converted to H's and one former H model now called a C-130E by Robins 64-14859.

Bob