Looking for C130A pics.

LAURENT

Laurent,

I did a rotation to Evreux back in the early 1960's as a 1-striper with the B-models from Langley AFB, Virginia. There was a bar not far from the base called The Viking. I wonder, is it still there?

Don R.

I remember that place. But I'm really pissed as it took 52 years to find out what it really was. Hmmm, wonder how Frank knew. lol

I will tell you that I have been in there, but I was married so I only used the Bar Section on the first floor.:rolleyes:

You mite say I was the sober walker, I was in the 317th OMS and our barracks was no 339 on the back side of the base and it was my job to make sure the drunks and tired made it back.

Laurent,

I did a rotation to Evreux back in the early 1960's as a 1-striper with the B-models from Langley AFB, Virginia. There was a bar not far from the base called The Viking. I wonder, is it still there?

Don R.

That joint spent more time off limits than on! There is a nice picture of the place either in the 317th vet org sight or Evreux Alumni site.The beer you were drinking was probably Champale.About every forth one was what we called a"skunk"beer.It wasn't that bad a place to go have a couple of beers but prices were high.

Dutch mentioned bks.339.It was located on the base perimeter road across from the fence and a local road that paralled the fence and perimeter road for a short distance.I can't tell you how many times I and a few other guys got caught by the A/Ps trying to sneak back on to the base after curfew.

• 2 years later...

Hello i'm the "actuel user" of the C130 s/n 182-3045 (as know as 55-018) .

I find some pics of this plane but  I'm now looking for his full history.

Somme draw on the cockpit give the names of the last load master "John" and Crew chief..

Someone can help?

Regards.

I cangive you a rough outline but if you want its actual history you have to write or call the AF Historical Research Agency at Maxwell AFB AL

11/ 1957 Delivered

11/1957 317 TCW later 322AD France until France through us out, I think 1962

1963 317 TCW Lockbourne AFB OH

1970+/- 115 TAS CA ANG at Van Nuys CA

1972-76 167 TAS WV ANG Martinsburg WV

1977-86 180TAS MO ANG St Joseph MO

1986-1989 105AS TN ANG Nashville TN

1990-1994 AMARG at Davis Monthan AFB AZ

1994 to France for a Loadmaster trainer.

Last I heard it was at Toulose?

Bob

Some pics here in the Gallery