Stretcher

robertus eko

Does anyone here know what type of stretcher available for C-130?

For Medivac purpose. I am looking for stretcher's part number to be procured.

Really need your help.

Thanks

Robertus Eko

Captain

Have no idea of part number, etc, just know that what I always had was the standard green wood and canvas stretcher with the metal scissor-type spreaders............

Have no idea of part number, etc, just know that what I always had was the standard green wood and canvas stretcher with the metal scissor-type spreaders............

My recollection also. I'm thinking it was the standard U.S. Army stretcher. Kept one on my aircraft.

Robertus, perhaps it would help it you talked to one of your army buddies.

Robertus,

AIR FORCE INSTRUCTION 10-2909

23 JULY 2013

AEROMEDICAL EVACUATION EQUIPMENT STANDARDS

http://www.dmrti.army.mil/documents/AFI10-2909.pdf

Page 73 talks about litters used on C130’s

One choice is the Army Decon Litter.

NSN 6530-01-504-9051

http://www.usamma.amedd.army.mil/assets/docs/startup/6530-01-504-9051_LITTER%20DECONTAMINATION%20BLACK_HANDBOOK_INSERT_STARTUP.pdf

My recollection also. I'm thinking it was the standard U.S. Army stretcher. Kept one on my aircraft.

Robertus, perhaps it would help it you talked to one of your army buddies.

Larry, didn't all the 316th planes have at least one, some two?????? Or is my mind more befuddled than normal????

Point of Contact

USAF School of Aerospace Medicine, 2947 Fifth Street, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio 45433-7212, DSN 798-2716 or 937-938-2716. www.wpafb.af.mil/afrl/711hpw/usafsam.asp

I know I'm chiming in a bit late, but the USAF School of Aerospace Medicine would be a great place to find what current equipment is being used and trained on for Air Evac. I did my training at Brooks many moons ago and I can tell you this place probably has the info you need and maybe more. Regards Keith

gizzard,

Bet you can’t find a bifold type litter designed to support non-ambulatory patients of excess weight and extreme abdominal girth at your local army surplus.

http://www.narescue.com/OSL_OverSized_Litter-CNEAFC9BA5BD33.html?BC=AC69B6A6509E

PRICE: $939.99

I think my wife would fit on this!!!!!!!!!! We had to get a big stretcher for our ambulance, just too many back injuries trying to haul giant people around, the technical name was a bariatric cot, but we called it a Shamu cot, for obvious reasons....

Robertus,

AIR FORCE INSTRUCTION 10-2909

23 JULY 2013

AEROMEDICAL EVACUATION EQUIPMENT STANDARDS

http://www.dmrti.army.mil/documents/AFI10-2909.pdf

Page 73 talks about litters used on C130’s

One choice is the Army Decon Litter.

NSN 6530-01-504-9051

http://www.usamma.amedd.army.mil/assets/docs/startup/6530-01-504-9051_LITTER%20DECONTAMINATION%20BLACK_HANDBOOK_INSERT_STARTUP.pdf

WebFlis lists this NSN for $718...with what looks like five different sources (cage codes).

Larry, didn't all the 316th planes have at least one, some two?????? Or is my mind more befuddled than normal????

Hi Giz, Sorry it took so long to respond. It has to do with, as you wrote, befuddlement. lol

I'm guessing you're correct. However, I didn't spend much if any time on aircraft other than my own, so I really can't say. Somewhat off subject, my favorite place to rest inflight was a hammock hung above the ramp and door.

When accompanying my aircraft cross country I tried to get as much sleep as possible while inflight. The reason being I never knew how long it would take to get the aircraft ready for next morning's departure. Sometimes', if the aircraft was in good shape I'd be in the Q in a couple of hours. Other times would still be there when you and the FE would show for the -1PR. Took more than one shower in the flight line fire station.

Those were the good old days.

Hi Giz, Sorry it took so long to respond. It has to do with, as you wrote, befuddlement. lol

I'm guessing you're correct. However, I didn't spend much if any time on aircraft other than my own, so I really can't say. Somewhat off subject, my favorite place to rest inflight was a hammock hung above the ramp and door.

When accompanying my aircraft cross country I tried to get as much sleep as possible while inflight. The reason being I never knew how long it would take to get the aircraft ready for next morning's departure. Sometimes', if the aircraft was in good shape I'd be in the Q in a couple of hours. Other times would still be there when you and the FE would show for the -1PR. Took more than one shower in the flight line fire station.

Those were the good old days.

Yep, it was guys like you that allowed me to have the best job of my life, and come home every time from it. Thanks!!!!!!

Ya know guy's, I've been wracking my brain (no big deal!!!!) since this thread started and I cannot remember a stretcher being on any of the 464th/776th 1963 and 1964 E models from Pope. The only time I recall actually using one was when I helped with the KIA's we picked up for transport to the morgue. I'm reasonably sure that if there had been one as standard equipment I'd have known about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did different wings have different equipment lists???? TW, you may be the best to answer this, when I was in basic survival at Fairchld, in december 70, one of the troops in my squad was an FE from Pope. He insisted that the POB birds had seat pack type survival kits in the racks, and that they were attached to the chutes before bailout. I told him that the 316th birds only had chutes and the racks held the survival suits. And I did not think our chutes could even accept the seat packs. Oh no he insisted the planes are all the same............Any thoughts????