Documents with info being sold. Is this reportable?

Fräulein

First - I'm going to provide a link. I have intentionally broken it, so the seller won't see analytics coming from here and then maybe pull the listing.

Etsy is like a fancy pants eBay. People mostly sell hand made items. But there are people who sell ephemera, so hipsters can decorate their home like an 80s era Chilis.

I usually scour it for items that could be illegal.

Today I found this

https://www.etsy.com/listing/150522303/ vintage-ww2-document-ros-206th-us-army?ref=related-4

I broke the link after the final backslash

Granted that this soldier may already be dead. But identity thieves look for SS numbers of deceased people.

I also know that certain documents are required to be destroyed.

I could report it to the Etsy people, but they don't do shit about anything. Is there some sort of government entity to report this to?

You know, it may not be anything that is illegal, in poor taste, yes, and this fellow was there the same time my dad was in the aleutians, but maybe a call to your local FBI office would be in order. I am speakin' without any real authority, but that would be my course, if nothing more than just trying to keep the honor and memory of this soldier from being tarnished.