Sprayed Roach Club

pwylie

• 1 month later...

Yea, I'll join in. I was TDY'd from CCK to TSN around 1972. I worked as an "Airframe and Sheet Metal mechanic" while assigned to the 374th FMS. I think I was TDY (April 1972) in Saigon when the shit hit the fan! The event is now known as the "Easter Tide Offensive". I worked on the C-130 cargo and gunships.

Anyone of yous remember any of this?

My real name is Rudy Chairez. Thanks

(Buck Sargeant)

Yea, I'll join in. I was TDY'd from CCK to TSN around 1972. I worked as an "Airframe and Sheet Metal mechanic" while assigned to the 374th FMS. I think I was TDY (April 1972) in Saigon when the shit hit the fan! The event is now known as the "Easter Tide Offensive". I worked on the C-130 cargo and gunships.

Anyone of yous remember any of this?

My real name is Rudy Chairez. Thanks

(Buck Sargeant)

Yeah, remember it well. I was there too. Loadmaster on some of the Anloc lows that put the holes in the sheet metal. Got a few holes through a radome too. Holed a few sheets of metal at Kontum. Might even have the tail numbers of some of the missions in an old log book.

We got several other Loads that come on this forum who helped you stay employed in 72. Couple of the Engineers post here sometimes too, probably a few of the Drivers.

Might still have some links to some of the old war stories about it that have been put on the Internet if you are haven't already seen them.

I put some old news clipping from "The Airlifter", "Det 1 Report", and "Stars & Stripes" up on an Internet page.

http://www.tanwater.com/834/dex2.html

Jim,

just checked out your web site with the old articles. I guess I'm a hoarder, too. Is there a way I can add some more articles? If not, PM me your email address and I can send them to you.

Don R.

Yeah, if you got old clippings from the CCK period send them to me. I can add more, but I have to FTP them to the server. If you can scan them in and put them on a photo website it will work. Give me a link to the pictures and I can get them on with the other news clippings.

Pictures will need to be large size to read the old news print. I will make thumbnails for them before I put them on line.

Sent you a PM.

The news clippings are also linked from the 776 TAS history and info website that I put on line in 2004. That website has links at the bottom to Sam McGowan's Anloc Airdrops story and the story that is on line about Charley Shaub. I replaced Charley on Capt. Cauldwell's crew after he got burned and Erik Hermanson replaced Jon Sanders.

http://www.tanwater.com/776/

Jim,

I'll scan & email you the articles I have, but right now, it's too nice outside to be sittig in front of this computer.

Don R.

Roger dat......... found a few more news clippings I can upload too. I will hold off until it gets here and put it all up together. No problem to mark off another section and add more.

The first one was 62-1800

The second one on 8 Mar 69 was 64-0545

Here is the crew list for 545

Col Ralph Cone

LCol Paul Garrett

Maj William Griffin

Maj Warren Long

Maj Raymond Tacke

MSgt William Terry

TSgt John Israel

SSgt Barry Murtaugh

SSgt Gordon Wheeler