C-130's for Sale

Casey,

The first link shows a photo of 5225 and the year built and the total time when sold is correct. No date on the posting, but Lynden Air Cargo bought it from DERCO a few years ago and it's now registered in Papua New Guinie as P2-LAE(?). Perhaps it's an old posting?

The second link is strange. It says it was built in 1989 with a total time of 543 hours. Really? The registration is odd, too as is the very low asking price of $1.2 million.

Don R.

This got me interested. The L100 is going the way of the Dodo bird. With high operating costs, wing problems and lots of cheap Russian junk out flying, the L-100's seem doomed.

I counted 22 flying for commercial operators. I'll try to attach a spreadsheet.

The operators:

Air Algeria has 1

First Air Canada has 2 with one reported for sale.

Lynden has 5 flying out of 7 it owns. Looks like 1 is for sale and 404 is reported parked for parts.

Safair South Africa has 6.

Transafrik has 5 all of them may be parked.

Uganda Air has 2.

Bob

All Herks.xls

Bob,

Wow, that's not many out of the original 118 built.

A friend of mine in the Philippines told me that all of Transafrik's Hercs are not working and are parked in Entebbe. Knowing how Africa is, they'll probably still be there detiorating away 10 years from now.

I was also told that Ethiopian Airlines' -30's have been parked for quite a while at Addis Ababa.

Don R.

I was just trying to list commercial herks. I did not include Ethiopia because they have been withdrawn from use for a long while.

I had heard the Transafrik Herks were withdrawn from use, but I hear they are still looking for work.

As you said IAR and TBM Herks are C-130A's.

I did not include Tepper and Prescott because supposedly they are us Government owned. read CIA, DIA.

Bob

This got me interested. The L100 is going the way of the Dodo bird. With high operating costs, wing problems and lots of cheap Russian junk out flying, the L-100's seem doomed.

I counted 22 flying for commercial operators. I'll try to attach a spreadsheet.

The operators:

Air Algeria has 1

First Air Canada has 2 with one reported for sale.

Lynden has 5 flying out of 7 it owns. Looks like 1 is for sale and 404 is reported parked for parts.

Safair South Africa has 6.

Transafrik has 5 all of them may be parked.

Uganda Air has 2.

Bob

UAE Air Force has two that I saw flying last month in Dubai.