Avionic Experties

munirabbasi

We are facing chronic problem of Generator power leads T1,T 2,T3 are grounded in leading edge plug /connector due to water contaminated.this were happened sequence of aircrafts especially when heavy rain is over . Question raises how water enter in side the plug shell because it is seale & also plenty of A/C darais are there

Regards

Munir Abbasi

Home of hercules pakistan

If you are talking about the outer wing break panel, we had quite a few problems with those over the years, but many times it was the lower connectors. However, I think you get monsoon rains over there that we rarely see. Attached is guide to system wiring I did many years ago.

There are procedures in T.O. 1-1A-14 that deal with sealing, in chapter 025 00. Most of it deals with silicone or urethane tapes wrapped around the connectors. You could use Silicone or any other approved sealant on the top of and around the sides the connectors. Since these large connectors usually don't get disconnected, you could be very liberal with the sealant, but leave the bottom part unsealed to allow any moisture that might get in to drain out.

The USAF has begun replacing all of those connectors during depot maintenance.

Dear sir

I pray for long life.Thanks for providing information outwing disconnect connectors. your expertise & services for hercules will remember with honour.

Information regarding the outer wing disconnect connectors,replacing the connector in every PDM inspection ,it manufacture advise or local SOP please confirm. There only remedy of connector to avoid from heavy to secure the connector as per T.O1-1A-14 chopper as you have mentioned. sir this action is require for preventive maintenance. there no environmental from manufacture

Regards

Munir Abbasi Technical instructor

Hercules training center

Dear Tiny clark

sir

I pray for long life.Thanks for providing information for outwing disconnect connectors. your expertise & services for hercules will remember with honour & dignity.

Information regarding the outer wing disconnect connectors,replacing the connector in every PDM inspection ,is it manufacture advise or local SOP please confirm. There is the only remedy for prevention of the connectors from heavy monsoon rains/moisture to secure the connector as per T.O1-1A-14 chapter as you have mentioned. sir this action is require for preventive maintenance. there is no environmental safety from manufacture side

Regards

Munir Abbasi Technical instructor

Hercules training center

I think this was a TCTO to be done during depot maintenance. I have been retired for 3 1/2 years so I am not exactly sure of the status. I don't know if it is being done at overseas depot locations or on any foreign military service aircraft, since the USAF is paying for it. They will be replaced only one time, this is not part of any scheduled depot work.