C-130 Engine fire WX SYS

munirabbasi

1.We are facing false Engine fire WX light on/blink , T-handle along with master light during flight there were no actual happening.But operation was normal these sequence of aircraft.What could be possible reason or remedial precautionary we replaced FCUs.

2. When HF is communicated (TX) Master fire light blink along turbine over heat light in T-handle.

Regards

Munir Abbasi (Retire)

ATI Home of Hercules traning center Pakistan

When the fire warning control box fails, (located in the dry bay) it often give false indications of a fire.

Your HF problem is most likely a problem with the screen/shielding between the HF Coupler unit and the HF antenna mast. When you transmit on HF the Radio Frequency (RF) energy is leaking inside the aircraft and inducing currents in the warning systems you mentioned.

We never had that many failures of the FCU. It seemed to be pretty reliable. Considering it is located in the drybay, it held up very well. It is a sealed unit, so I suppose vibration and temperature changes just wear out the internal components.

We never had that many failures of the FCU. It seemed to be pretty reliable. Considering it is located in the drybay, it held up very well. It is a sealed unit, so I suppose vibration and temperature changes just wear out the internal components.

Dear n1dp

thanks for providing technical support. i thank we can improve the reliability & serviceability by testing/calibration on I level capability

Regards

Munir Abbasi ATI

Hercules training center pakistan

Regard