MIGHTY PLANES: HEROIC HERCULES

P3_Super_Bee

Discovery Canada's latest episode (aired on the 28th of September 2014) of Mighty Planes is a two hour special on the C-130 Hercules for the 60th Anniversary. Though will not be aired in the US until the Spring of 2015. Looks like it will be on the Smithsonian Channel.

Here is a little 3 min preview;

Pretty neat to see people you work with on TV. I make an appearance around 1:50 mark. I'm the tow coordinator.

Has anyone in the U.S.seen this 2 hour special yet?I haven't seen it.Did I miss it?

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone in the U.S.seen this 2 hour special yet?I haven't seen it.Did I miss it?

Nope.  Doesn't look like it will be aired in the US either.   Smithsonian Channel aired the first two seasons in the US.  After 3 attempts to contact them I got a reply, contact Discovery.  So sent them an email.  Response was It is not on the schedule at this time please keep checking back.  Looking at Discovery.ca,  it looks like Season 3 for them(Canada) was this episode, the CP-140 (Lockheed P-3 to the rest of the world) then a bunch of Canadian aircraft, so it looks like from that, season 3 won't make it to the US. 

If you live in Canada you can buy a down load from Amazon or iTunes.  But to do so one needs a credit card from a Canadian Bank.   Neither website will allow you to buy it from the US.

There might be a little work around I'm working.  Apparently you can change iTunes to be in Canada(I have done this),  then go on eBay and buy a Canadian iTunes gift card, and using that will allow you to buy it.  I have bought bought the gift card, but have not received it(only bought it Monday night).  I will re-post if this works or not.  

OK.   The internet McGyver'ing is complete and works.

1.  You need to buy a CANADIAN iTunes gift card on eBay, the guy I bought from emailed me the code so I didn't have to wait for the card to come in the mail)

2.  Open iTunes and log out, go to the store, scroll all the way to the bottom,  you will see a circle with an American flag,  click that, and switch to Canada.  Then goto log in,  but you have to create another account with bogus Canadian info,  IE Address phone number I search google for address and phone number,  and used a bogus email address as well.  During the create account portion there was a spot to enter the gift card code.

3. Once account was created I was able to purchase and download the show.   

Pretty awesome show.

The covered the Coulson C-130 Fire Fighter,  They did some in-air refueling with the V-22.  The portion covering the building they played in the "Ice Storm" we had here during production,  You might remember the one that shut Metro Atlanta down for 3 or 4 days,  and people were stranded all over the freeways and such.  

Or you guys do all that and then burn copies for us not so smart fellas ;-)

Have to find a converter.   Haven't found any freebies, and most cost around 40 bucks.  iTunes has it locked up pretty good.   You can only watch in iTunes, on the account that purchased it

Edited by P3_Super_Bee

• 2 months later...