Any one still using Aero (3) blade props

RZHill

Geeze,RZ where you been?

There's only one or two "A's" left with Aero Prod.3 blades left and still flying.I'd have to think parts would be a real problem.And that's just for the props themselves.ATE boxes and the wireing between the prop and the rest of aircraft would more problems.Those 3 bladers liked lots of TLC in the best of times!Your friend would be better served with an "A" with 4 blades or a later model.

Yeh that's how I feel, The three Blader was always good for an RON in Athens. This Acft is a former Australian bird . guess it depends on the price , don't know it's history more than 11500 acft hours and three props with about 1100 hours the other with 85 hrs. Makes you wonder where they got the odd one? Any knowedge would be appreciated.

RZ

Been moving snow in western Ny. taking it easy

PPI in Kent Washington is the sole source for approved Aeroproducts parts. The Aeroproducts regulators for the three blade are the big issue here as there just isn't test benches laying around and the base of knowledge has shrunken considerably. The last I knew PPI had stopped supporting the A6341FND1A as 3212 was the last of the functional 3 bladed A's and no one was using the Aeroproducts prop on the test cell for block testing of raw engines anymore. I do know the Electra operators with the A644 Aeroproducts props were having fits because PPI is so backlogged and is the only game in town when it comes to being fully equipped to handle that prop. In fact PPI is the Type Certificate holder for the A644 prop. The A6341 prop was formerly a Type Certificated product but may now be orphaned as it is not listed as one of the TC's that PPI now holds. A call to Al Hayward at PPI might help.