Excellent MC-130 video off youtube

mark18mwm

I stumbled on this video of a pictorial history of MC-130's on Youtube.  This video has some awesome photography in it with pics of apparently all the MC's. Any of you guys that flew or worked on Black birds will appreciate this I think. I found the paint schemes over the years very interesting. Enjoy guys. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_axy1PDb48

Edited by mark18mwm

If you enjoyed the video, take a look at the book. PRAETORIAN STARSHIP. Combat Talon Special Operations. The book is available on Kindle and a good read. Their is even the story about the MIG chasing the MC-130E out of North Vietnam. If your looking for more info search, Stray Goose International. This will give you the official black bird site. I believe yesterday they had the dedication of the memorial to the crews and planes lost in operations at Hurlburt Field. 

Ever time I see the video it gets better.

Jay

Jay,

Thanks for the new info. I recently downloaded the Praetorian Starship to my Kindle, but haven't started it yet. I will definitely check into the black bird sight.

I did see a few of the "Blackbirds" from time to time while in SEA, but other than the hooks on the front I didn't know what their mission was.

Ken

Read the book, it's all in there. Several times, when I was reading the book, couldn't believe they allowed this to be printed. We didn't even talk about what happened, what we had seen or where we had been when I was in Vietnam. I've encountered people from that time of my life (after Vietnam) and neither of us show any sign of knowing the other person. Even when I was in the 8th Army Hospital and crazy with fever I was Isolated from everyone. I've talked to several people who were in the Blind Bat program, they were never as secretive as we were. Normally, our uniforms were striped of name tags, patches. The only thing required was rank.

If you have questions about the book, email me.

Later,

Jay