C-130 Hercules.net evolution

Robert Podboy

Did C-130 Hercules.net evolve from Spectrumwd.com or a combination of other sites?

Just wondering about the timeline, past webmasters, effort to get to the fine resource it is today!

​Thanks for the kind words.

The site did evolve from Hercules Headquarters (Spectrumwd.com).  After little attention had been paid to site in a couple of years, I approached Scott Gager and offered to help with the site in 2007.  He informed me that he had lost interest and offered to transfer the site to me.   Being a log time member and a huge fan of the C-130, I gladly accepted and assumed control in September.  I wanted to move the site to a domain with "C-130" in it but none were available at the time, so I rebranded the site HerkyBirds.com.   Since then the site has been renamed C-130Hercules.net (HerkyBirds.com still works and we also own C-130Hercules.com) and has seen several different software suites along the way.  I began the move to a new suite last month and I am currently working to restore old content.  There is still a lot to do and add, hopefully it doesn't take another 7.5 years. :)

​Thanks for the kind words.

The site did evolve from Hercules Headquarters (Spectrumwd.com).  After little attention had been paid to site in a couple of years, I approached Scott Gager and offered to help with the site in 2007.  He informed me that he had lost interest and offered to transfer the site to me.   Being a log time member and a huge fan of the C-130, I gladly accepted and assumed control in September.  I wanted to move the site to a domain with "C-130" in it but none were available at the time, so I rebranded the site HerkyBirds.com.   Since then the site has been renamed C-130Hercules.net (HerkyBirds.com still works and we also own C-130Hercules.com) and has seen several different software suites along the way.  I began the move to a new suite last month and I am currently working to restore old content.  There is still a lot to do and add, hopefully it doesn't take another 7.5 years. :)

Casey, another question…

Do you know who posts all the ‘C-130 shared’ photos and videos on the c-130 facebook page? 

https://www.facebook.com/C130Herculesnet

Casey, another question…

Do you know who posts all the ‘C-130 shared’ photos and videos on the c-130 facebook page? 

https://www.facebook.com/C130Herculesnet

​Joey Tabaco runs that site.  It is more or less a "fan site" companion to this site.  I share some of our content on that site but the large majority of the posts are Joey's.