HF radio

vipin

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know what kind of C-130 you are working on, but no USAF aircraft that I know of has ever had the HF radio tied into the WOW circuit. My out of date jacking book doesn't show pulling the breakers. I remember they had to be strapped to go into a hangar to prevent the HF radios from transmitting.

There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason for some systems to be secured. All it takes is one incident and the engineering staff will put something in the book to prevent it from happening again. Even if the HF wiring went through the WOW circuit wiring, there's no way it would cause it to transmit without hitting a MIC switch.

All of this being said, I've been retired for four years. Maybe it was decided that the HF shouldn't be able to transmit on the ground at all for safety reasons. That would mean that the WOW switch would have to be jumpered to enable an Op Ck. As Natops1 said, check with your radio guys.

Edited by tinyclark