VHF FM Circuit breakers 74-1664 H1

Mazurb

We have an H1 74-1664 that came from Little Rock that has two 10 Amp DC circuit breakers labeled VHF FM. The wiring diagram 2RF4.00 only shows one. The second breaker was collared and we are trying to find out why so we can properly annotate our forms for an upcoming inspection. All other aircraft have only one CB. Does anyone know what the second one was for? Was there ever a third VHF, a TCTO, or perhaps a test installation that never came to fruition?

If the aircraft was ever a fire fighting aircraft, it might be for the old MAFFS radio, but im not familiar with the Tail #....MAFFS radios are FM radios and had there own control panel that would be installed during MAFFS OPS..... If the aircraft was ever with Wyoming, Colorado Springs or North Carolina, might be it. Im a California guy and we never owned a 74 model. Just a thought....

We had that aircraft in Alaska at one time. I know on the pilot's lower circuit breaker panel there were two, but marked VHF XMTR and RCVR. The regular VHF circuit breakers were on the co-pilot's upper panel from what I remember, but it has been a long time. I don't know if that aircraft was sent to Yokota before Little Rock or not, but it was one of our regular H models.

We had that aircraft in Alaska at one time. I know on the pilot's lower circuit breaker panel there were two, but marked VHF XMTR and RCVR. The regular VHF circuit breakers were on the co-pilot's upper panel from what I remember, but it has been a long time. I don't know if that aircraft was sent to Yokota before Little Rock or not, but it was one of our regular H models.

Tiny,I don't think you took that info from a  book.You have some memory!

The date's on my iPhone calendar, I'm safe.

Mazurb, if it was a test installation, the wires should be orange. You may have to cut some string or tiestraps back to identify the wire number. Since the breaker is strapped, why not remove the breaker, then cap off the wire? 

Edited by tinyclark

It was at Dyess before Elmendorf. I think someone would have questioned me on the strapped circuit breaker at the 'Dorf'. I think those Dyess birds had APQ122V5 RADAR in them as well. They ended up putting the APN59 back in them.

Edited by tinyclark