Tail flash

DC10FE

That appears to be C-130H 80-0332 c/n 4943 and according to my records it was in Savanah its entire life and is in the bone yard now.  Although I have not been able to find another picture of the tail flash and Lars had no record of it, I would guess that it is the 158th AS.

--Casey

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 10:35 AM, Dutch said:

Could it be the 118th AS this is their patch.

It seems to be the little man.

But just a guess on my part.

118th Airlift Squadron.jpg

Makes more sense than the 158th.  I just saw that 118th switched to C-130Hs in 2013.  Must be it.  Oddly though, "The AMARG Experience" says that it was inducted from the 158th. 

Casey, it's actually 80-0322 (msn 4903).  My guess is the yellow tail flash is that of the 118th AS of the Connecticut ANG.  Their patch is also mainly yellow. That photo was taken by my friend Sean O'Brien in 7/28/16 @ Shannon.

The photo below is the Georgia ANG's tail flash, also from my friend Sean on 5/07 @ SNN.

OK, I think we've beat this to death!  Thanks for all your help.

Don R.

4902z -- 80 0320 -- Georgia ANG.jpg

1 hour ago, DC10FE said:

Casey, it's actually 80-0322 (msn 4903).  My guess is the yellow tail flash is that of the 118th AS of the Connecticut ANG.  Their patch is also mainly yellow. That photo was taken by my friend Sean O'Brien in 7/28/16 @ Shannon.

The photo below is the Georgia ANG's tail flash, also from my friend Sean on 5/07 @ SNN.

OK, I think we've beat this to death!  Thanks for all your help.

Don R.

Indeed it is 0332.  I flip numbers like that all the time.  I really need to get in the habit of double checking.

Hey Don,

Took this at the Chicago Air and Water Show a couple of weeks ago . . . recognize the tail number?  From the Connecticut Guard.  They were dropping the Leapfrogs (the Golden Knights were using their own airplane, because the rumor is the 'Frogs and Knights can't jump the same airframe anymore after the fatality last year).

Kim

D71_0692a.JPG

21 hours ago, Casey said:

Indeed it is 0332.  I flip numbers like that all the time.  I really need to get in the habit of double checking.

I have mild dyslexia, so I can understand.  I had to triple check my TOLD cards after filling them out.

1 hour ago, pinball said:

Hey Don,

Took this at the Chicago Air and Water Show a couple of weeks ago . . . recognize the tail number?  From the Connecticut Guard.  They were dropping the Leapfrogs (the Golden Knights were using their own airplane, because the rumor is the 'Frogs and Knights can't jump the same airframe anymore after the fatality last year).

Kim

D71_0692a.JPG

HA! An old Dyess bird.  I remember when they still had that new car smell to them.  That didn't last very long.  I think it went to The Rock in 2012.

Don R.