Help on Viet Nam Service

bobdaley

Hi All,

I know some of you have done this before and might be able to help.

A CCK crew chief needs to get his DD-214 corrected to show boots on the ground in Viet Nam.

He has a letter from Reed Mulkey about a shuttle he was on, but Reed has passed and it seems the letter is not proof as it "has no seal" Could anyone help Dianna? Her e mail is direpeta(at)att.net.

Thanks

Bob

I was not able to copy and paste Reed's letter, too high tech for me so I am going to try to attach a PDF file.

IMG_0001.pdf

Here is what worked for me. I ordered all my records from St Louis. It took about 6 weeks to get the file. In it I found all my travel vouchers from my TDYs from CCK to TSN. Also were APRs from my A/C and NCOIC noting how many days TDY in RVN and also the number of Combat Missions flown. I put together a packet that included the Travel Vouchers for TSN shuttles, Pictures of me taken in Saigon with obvious Vietnamese signs behind me and the Performance reports that talked about my duty on RVN flights. I sent this to Randolph AFB with a request to update my DD214 and show my RVN service. They sent back a letter of acknowledgement and then a few weeks later I received a letter the I was instructed to use to verify my "Boots on the Ground". They would not update my DD214. I will send Dianna an email with this paragraph included but I wanted to put this process back out there in case anyone else is in the same situation.

BR

That should help, Thanks, Bob