Aero Precision provides OEM part support for military aircraft operators across more than 20 aircraft
Sign in to follow this  
MsgtRock

Old C-130 Cartoon Picture

Question for some of you old farts, like me !!  Do any of you remember a cartoon picture of a Viet Nam era C-130 all banged up with bandaids on the fuselage, a flat tire,  a crutch under one wing, a tong hanging from under the radome,  etc and a caption that said something like "Fly the Friendly Skies of Viet Nam Airlines" ???   I've been trying to find this picture so I can have it put on the back of my flight jacket.  I would appreciate any help. let me know at wrt@midco.net.

Dutch,

This is from a paper called "Det One Report" yearbook supplement 374th Tactical Airlift Wing. Did July 4, 1972

Tom C. Tsgt USAF (ret)

The aircraft was "865" (63-7865) I crewed 63-7864 while at CCK.

I was also an assistant crew chief on 55-0015 while at Lockbourne, crew chief on 56-0522 while on Guam, crew chief on 57-0524 at Richards-Gebaur and the at CCK 72 - 73

image.jpeg

Tom Thanks for showing this to us, I am saving it. I was in the 317th in France and at Lockbourne, I crewed 56-0523 an 53-3134 before I move on up.